Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > "Generic Host Process" error when installing new hardware

"Generic Host Process" error when installing new hardware

Jud Hendrix

I am trying to install a Colorvision Spyder2 with the x64 drivers v 2.3.2.
I get the "new hardware found" when I connect the hardware to my USB-port,
then click "install automatically". After a bit, I get a "Generic Host
Process for Win32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close".
Clicking Cancel won't help, I can only kill the task.

What's happening?

jud

Jud Hendrix

On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 21:56:09 +0100, Jud Hendrix <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

Oh, odd. When I do a complete manual install, the drivers are properly
installed. Well, that one got fixed, but still, why the error on automatic
installation.....

jud

Tony Sperling

I am not familliar with that gear, but could it be one of those instances
when the driver installation has to be performed by the native installer and
then Windows protests over the install process being tampered with? - I've
seen that happen a couple of times and found it very confusing at first.

Tony. . .

"Jud Hendrix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 21:56:09 +0100, Jud Hendrix <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> Oh, odd. When I do a complete manual install, the drivers are properly
> installed. Well, that one got fixed, but still, why the error on automatic
> installation.....
>
> jud

=?Utf-8?B?UXVpenRhcg==?=

I believe the problem is with Windows trying to automatically find the
driver. You may need to repair Windows files from your cd-rom of Windows.