Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > How to upgrade to full version

How to upgrade to full version

Josh

I have a windows 64 key for a system that we were using the trial
softwareon. what do I need to do to upgrade the system to a full version.

TIA

Aaron Kelley

Buy a full version. (It is available in OEM form only unless you or your
organization has a licensing deal with Microsoft, and is available from some
online retailers like http://www.newegg.com/).

Once you receive your media, stick it in the drive and do an upgrade. If
your trial has expired, you will need to boot from the CD and do a repair
install.

- Aaron

"Josh" <J o S http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a windows 64 key for a system that we were using the trial
>softwareon. what do I need to do to upgrade the system to a full version.
>
> TIA

Tony Sperling

When you buy the OEM version, it comes with it's own key - you can do a
recommended 'clean' install, or a 'repair' install that preserves your
personal (backed-up!) files.

For the latter, you should boot from the CD and accept the license agreement
(F and then see the option to repair an earlier installation - this will
erase all the previous updates, so set off a few days to have it all back to
normal.

SATA and/or RAID drivers, you will have to feed to the new installation as
well (F6). You'll start from scratch, but you get to keep your work.

Tony. . .

"Josh" <J o S (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a windows 64 key for a system that we were using the trial
> softwareon. what do I need to do to upgrade the system to a full version.
>
> TIA

Charlie Russel - MVP

Full details in my blog post here:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/arc.../29/97575.aspx