Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Mystery Problem

Reply
Thread Tools

Mystery Problem

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?YWFyb25sYW5lMjU=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2007

- I get a message like (windows cannot process your request and has to
close) when trying to open random web pages.

-when I click on a shortcut/link either in a explorer window or in windows,
the program that is running freezes. Occasionaly i get an error sound but
most of the time it becomes non-responsive

-additionally, should i hyphenate non-responsive

thank you

aaron
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Tom Ferguson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2007
Are you using the 64 or the 32 bit version of Internet Explorer? If the
former, try the 32 bit version or dare I say it (???), Firefox.

You should hyphenate 'non-responsive' or use 'not responsive' instead.

Tom
MSMVP
Widows shell/User


"aaronlane25" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> - I get a message like (windows cannot process your request and has to
> close) when trying to open random web pages.
>
> -when I click on a shortcut/link either in a explorer window or in
> windows,
> the program that is running freezes. Occasionaly i get an error sound
> but
> most of the time it becomes non-responsive
>
> -additionally, should i hyphenate non-responsive
>
> thank you
>
> aaron


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
RR
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2007
aaronlane25 wrote:
> - I get a message like (windows cannot process your request and has to
> close) when trying to open random web pages.
>
> -when I click on a shortcut/link either in a explorer window or in windows,
> the program that is running freezes. Occasionaly i get an error sound but
> most of the time it becomes non-responsive
>
> -additionally, should i hyphenate non-responsive
>
> thank you
>
> aaron



You have shortcut icons somewhere other then the desktop ?
 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?YWFyb25sYW5lMjU=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2007
how do i find out if i have the 64 or 32 bit version and how do i change
between the two?

thanks i was pretty sure about the hyphen.

aaron


"Tom Ferguson" wrote:

> Are you using the 64 or the 32 bit version of Internet Explorer? If the
> former, try the 32 bit version or dare I say it (???), Firefox.
>
> You should hyphenate 'non-responsive' or use 'not responsive' instead.
>
> Tom
> MSMVP
> Widows shell/User
>
>
> "aaronlane25" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > - I get a message like (windows cannot process your request and has to
> > close) when trying to open random web pages.
> >
> > -when I click on a shortcut/link either in a explorer window or in
> > windows,
> > the program that is running freezes. Occasionaly i get an error sound
> > but
> > most of the time it becomes non-responsive
> >
> > -additionally, should i hyphenate non-responsive
> >
> > thank you
> >
> > aaron

>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
John Barnes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2007
on your IE, click on help, then about IE. The 64-bit edition will say so
on the top line and the 32-bit version has no bit reference


"aaronlane25" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> please explain
>
>
> "RR" wrote:
>
>> aaronlane25 wrote:
>> > - I get a message like (windows cannot process your request and has to
>> > close) when trying to open random web pages.
>> >
>> > -when I click on a shortcut/link either in a explorer window or in
>> > windows,
>> > the program that is running freezes. Occasionaly i get an error sound
>> > but
>> > most of the time it becomes non-responsive
>> >
>> > -additionally, should i hyphenate non-responsive
>> >
>> > thank you
>> >
>> > aaron

>>
>>
>> You have shortcut icons somewhere other then the desktop ?
>>


 
Reply With Quote
 
Aaron Kelley
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-02-2007
If you're not using a 64-bit version of Windows, you won't have a 64-bit
version of IE. (Also, in that case, you're posting in the wrong newsgroup.)

- Aaron

"John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> on your IE, click on help, then about IE. The 64-bit edition will say so
> on the top line and the 32-bit version has no bit reference
>
>
> "aaronlane25" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> please explain
>>
>>
>> "RR" wrote:
>>
>>> aaronlane25 wrote:
>>> > - I get a message like (windows cannot process your request and has to
>>> > close) when trying to open random web pages.
>>> >
>>> > -when I click on a shortcut/link either in a explorer window or in
>>> > windows,
>>> > the program that is running freezes. Occasionaly i get an error sound
>>> > but
>>> > most of the time it becomes non-responsive
>>> >
>>> > -additionally, should i hyphenate non-responsive
>>> >
>>> > thank you
>>> >
>>> > aaron
>>>
>>>
>>> You have shortcut icons somewhere other then the desktop ?
>>>

>


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
x64 photoshop mystery problem miso@sushi.com Windows 64bit 11 06-30-2007 04:00 PM
Re: Mystery Problem with Compaq Presario 1060 Laptop Brad Computer Information 0 09-22-2006 08:28 PM
unicode mystery/problem Petr Jakes Python 4 09-22-2006 02:09 PM
Re: Mystery Problem with Compaq Presario 1060 Laptop Brad Computer Information 0 09-21-2006 12:44 PM
Mystery Problem with Compaq Presario 1060 Laptop Brad Computer Information 0 09-19-2006 06:01 PM



Advertisments