Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > braindumps...you must be kidding

braindumps...you must be kidding

Vigo Breadcrumbs

Here's where I reveal my naivete, but what the heck.

Way back when, when glaciers covered the earth, and I took the NT 3.51
Server and Networking Essentials tests, I rememeber thinking that I
would've been hard pressed to have made much more than a moronic stab at
same had I not been using 3.51 Server and Workstation in a production
environment. (That I was badly hung-over during the latter in no small
measure, I'm sure, contributed to this view.) Thus, my perplexity at the
frequent eruption of questions about braindumps in this group.

Are these...individuals...just blissfully unaware of the flaming failures
that await them should they take the tests after dump-consumption alone,
and thus set to get their just reward? Does anyone actually have any
degree of success, thus revealing the future of humanity is, indeed, grave?

http://www.vigo-alessi.com/images/products/1362.jpg

JaR

On Thu, 06 May 2004 17:17:05 +0000, Vigo Breadcrumbs declaimed:

> Are these...individuals...just blissfully unaware of the flaming failures
> that await them should they take the tests after dump-consumption alone,

Far from it! They have been assured by multiple vendors' that the single
barrier between them and that six-figure dream job is certification.
Merely memorize a few dumps for $Amount of $Currency, and wealth,
security, and that gorgeous blond in the red BMW is yours for the taking.
Even when faced with incontrovertible proof, they still maintain their
course, as witness the feuds that erupt in here from time to time.

>and thus set to get their just reward? Does anyone actually have any
> degree of success,

Assuredly! The counters at your local burger joint are staffed by the
results of this process. MCSE is used as a benchmark for hiring warm
bodies to man phone firewalls or install video cards at CompUSA.

>thus revealing the future of humanity is, indeed,
> grave?

The future of humanity is secure, Wal-Mart will be opening a new mega
store in your neighborhood soon.

JaR
Grim Thug

>Wal-Mart will be opening a new mega
>store in your neighborhood soon.

so that's where eddiepox went

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Paul

KMart said I was over qualified...Where do I turn to?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Wal-Mart will be opening a new mega
> >store in your neighborhood soon.

> so that's where eddiepox went
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Vigo Breadcrumbs

JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed):

> Far from it! They have been assured by multiple vendors' that the
> single barrier between them and that six-figure dream job is
> certification. Merely memorize a few dumps for $Amount of $Currency,
> and wealth, security, and that gorgeous blond in the red BMW is yours
> for the taking. Even when faced with incontrovertible proof, they
> still maintain their course, as witness the feuds that erupt in here
> from time to time.

Perhaps I should clarify: do they have any success with passing the
tests? I know the connection between paper MCSE and the accoutrements
of Royal Ease is tenuous, whatever the young and callow might believe.

> Assuredly! The counters at your local burger joint are staffed by the
> results of this process. MCSE is used as a benchmark for hiring warm
> bodies to man phone firewalls or install video cards at CompUSA.

This seems to answer my preceeding question, and also explains the
dilution of the credential I have witnessed my own personal self.

> The future of humanity is secure, Wal-Mart will be opening a new mega
> store in your neighborhood soon.

Feh. Wal-Mart opened one of their first dozen 24 Hour Supercenters,
almost eight years ago, in my neighborhood. Nothing new there. A high
school friend of mine was the night manager there, after having failed
to achieve the heights of success promised to him by a stint in the U.S.
Army, contemporaneous with the (first) Gulf War. He did, however, put
the slight insanity that resulted from, among other things, being
bayonetted by an Iraqi soldier to good use, employing what he deemed
"wall to wall discipline" in dealing with the crowds of big-pants-
wearing youngsters who thought it was "cool" (if I'm using that term
correctly) to demolish and/or steal merchandise in the wee hours. The
stories were very amusing, in a retrograde sort of way.

I myself would only employ a braindump strategy to secure an A+
credential, and only if necessary to secure a first-tier desktop support
position that pays no more than 30% of my previous salary. In this way,
I can complete my personal humiliation by adding "lying, cheating
ferret" to my catalog of personal ignominies.

http://www.vigo-alessi.com/images/products/1362.jpg

Neil

Vigo Breadcrumbs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:Cyvmc.6603
$(E-Mail Removed):

> The
> stories were very amusing, in a retrograde sort of way.

tell us a story uncle Vigo! (I love your stories....)

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Neil

Vigo Breadcrumbs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:Cyvmc.6603
$(E-Mail Removed):

> I myself would only employ a braindump strategy to secure an A+
> credential,

this seems a waste of even a briandump.

I've always wondered at the intellect behind the old brain dumps. some nut
posting to a site "I FAILED xxx TODAY! here were my questions and the
correct answers". Dumps I take in the toilet. I wonder about the guy who
wants to put _THAT_ in his brain! (though mine are of the highest quality)

--
Neil MCNGP #30

JaR

On Thu, 06 May 2004 11:21:02 -0700, Paul declaimed:

> KMart said I was over qualified...Where do I turn to?

It was likely your attire. Put on a pair of oversize pants that show off
your incredible taste in boxer shorts, make sure you have no less than
eight pieces of metal stuck through parts of your face, and paint your
fingernails black. That should impress the HR droid that you are truly
K-Mart material. Tattoos are great for extra 'management trainee' points.

JaR
Sartorial Thug

Vigo Breadcrumbs

Neil <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns94E195648252Fneilmcsehotmailcom@207.46.248 .16:

> Vigo Breadcrumbs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:Cyvmc.6603
> $(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> The
>> stories were very amusing, in a retrograde sort of way.
>>

> tell us a story uncle Vigo! (I love your stories....)

Well, much like my stories (if I may be so bold), much of the humor was
in the telling. It's amusing enough for me to say that he once told me
how he hung one of these baggy-pantsed chaps by his beltloop on a wall-
mounted coathook, causing the merchandise he'd stashed in his large
trousers but refused to cough up to fall out on the floor, and left him
there until the local constabulary arrived, but without Chris's sound
and vision, they are significantly diminished.

I will however offer a tale of how I was refused employment at a Sam's
Club. I was typing it when this reply came up; I will post it shortly.

http://www.vigo-alessi.com/images/products/1362.jpg

Vigo Breadcrumbs

JaR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in newsan.2004.05.06.18.46.25.98746
@softhome.net:

> It was likely your attire. Put on a pair of oversize pants that show off
> your incredible taste in boxer shorts, make sure you have no less than
> eight pieces of metal stuck through parts of your face, and paint your
> fingernails black. That should impress the HR droid that you are truly
> K-Mart material. Tattoos are great for extra 'management trainee' points.

The other day, my 82-year-old but physically robust father was giving me a
lift (the water pump in my own vehicle had begun leaking with great
enthusiasm) when we passed a non-gender-spoecific individual, matching this
very description, perambulating my street. The clothing on the lower part
of its body was flapping with considerable amplitude in the breeze. Just
after passing the thing, my father stopped the car, leaned way out the
window, and surveyed the thing with a look that I suspect he might've worn
last while dodging German shrapnel in 1944. He slowly sat back in his
seat, with a look of total horror. He asked me, slowly, as if from a great
distance, "were those...pants?" I told him, with great regret, that I
could only say with certainty that they were pantesque, but no more. He
sat, in stunned silence, for a further minute, then resumed driving. I
suspect the world will never be the same for him.

http://www.vigo-alessi.com/images/products/1362.jpg

Olympus: You MUST be kidding??!!! Rich Digital Photography 3 01-29-2011 12:54 AM
Just kidding philo Computer Support 0 10-25-2005 10:59 AM
1.04 Security Update - Are You Kidding Me ? west488 Firefox 14 06-19-2005 05:37 AM
just kidding with cmp... Andrea Sansottera Java 5 07-16-2004 02:36 PM
Who do the manufacturers think they are kidding? Richard DVD Video 25 12-17-2003 03:59 AM

Advertisments