Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Change synchronization computer?

Change synchronization computer?

Ned H.

I have offline files synched to X computer. That is defunct. How to I
change my synchronization settings so that they instead point to Y computer,
where the offline files are now located?

Do I edit something in the registry? There seems to be no way to change the
computer address in the synchronization manager.

Theo

If you go to www.microsoft.com and put "file
synchronization" in the search box located in the upper
right of the page, you will get 39,955 references about your
situation. You can go through the KBs and see which is most
applicable to your situation.

Microsoft's Knowledge Base is open to the public and it is a
great trouble shooting tool!

Ned H. wrote:
> I have offline files synched to X computer. That is defunct. How to I
> change my synchronization settings so that they instead point to Y computer,
> where the offline files are now located?
>
> Do I edit something in the registry? There seems to be no way to change the
> computer address in the synchronization manager.

Ned H.

Thanks, couldn't find anything exactly on point. What I did was this:

1) Copy contents of the offline folder to the networked computer.

2) Deleted contents of the offline folder.

3) Selected the files on the networked computer, right clicked and selected
"make available offline."

Done.
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

synchronization Firefox 0 04-12-2005 03:44 PM
System Time synchronization arcvonz ASP .Net 2 08-23-2004 10:17 PM
More synchronization problems Simon VHDL 1 01-09-2004 04:20 PM
Flip Flop Synchronization John VHDL 3 01-05-2004 05:58 PM

Advertisments