Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > VMware Workstation 6.0 Beta available with Vista host support

VMware Workstation 6.0 Beta available with Vista host support

Dominic Payer

Aaron Kelley

Used it to sync my new Palm Tungsten E2, a Christmas gift I received that
doesn't have any 64-bit drivers avaialble.

- Aaron

"Dominic Payer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.vmware.com/products/beta/ws/

Jud Hendrix

On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 20:39:46 -0600, "Aaron Kelley"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Used it to sync my new Palm Tungsten E2, a Christmas gift I received that
>doesn't have any 64-bit drivers avaialble.

Ahhh yes, Palm. I have been bugging them on and on, asking for 64-bit
drivers, but I think my mails are automatically deleted by now )
The standard response was "no drivers in development".
It will make your gift a nice expensive pocket calculator But you can't
use it for serious work, as you can't back-up your stuff.

jud

Aaron Kelley

Well, the biggest thing for me is the calendar, and I'm syncing against an
Exchange server so it doesn't matter to me if I have to do it in a VM or
not.
Also, installing applications is easy enough.

- Aaron

"Jud Hendrix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 20:39:46 -0600, "Aaron Kelley"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Used it to sync my new Palm Tungsten E2, a Christmas gift I received that
>>doesn't have any 64-bit drivers avaialble.

> Ahhh yes, Palm. I have been bugging them on and on, asking for 64-bit
> drivers, but I think my mails are automatically deleted by now )
> The standard response was "no drivers in development".
> It will make your gift a nice expensive pocket calculator But you
> can't
> use it for serious work, as you can't back-up your stuff.
>
> jud

Graham

Jud Hendrix wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Dec 2006 20:39:46 -0600, "Aaron Kelley"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Used it to sync my new Palm Tungsten E2, a Christmas gift I received that
>> doesn't have any 64-bit drivers avaialble.

> Ahhh yes, Palm. I have been bugging them on and on, asking for 64-bit
> drivers, but I think my mails are automatically deleted by now )
> The standard response was "no drivers in development".
> It will make your gift a nice expensive pocket calculator But you can't
> use it for serious work, as you can't back-up your stuff.

I've got a T|X, and after initially setting it up on x64 using
Bluetooth, I now sync it using wi-fi. Palm of course don't support this
any more than, say Apple supports iTunes on x64, but it works. I think
the E2 is either Bluetooth or wi-fi capable with an SDIO card, so you
can probably make it work.

Graham.