Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > WMP and black screen

WMP and black screen

RR

Still getting a black screen while attempting to play DVD's when aweek
ago the DVD's played fine. Only changes were the upgrade to WMP11 64.

Going back to WMP10 doesn't help. Reloading video controller drivers
dont help. Why can't Windows configurations stay the same?

Why is Quicktime saying that another application has control over this
format and that format every week. This is getting rediculous and has to
stop.

Tony Sperling

Ah, this may well be connected with the issue 'below'. In addition to what I
said there, you may want to flash your BIOS if there's a fresh version.

Tony. . .

"RR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Still getting a black screen while attempting to play DVD's when aweek
> ago the DVD's played fine. Only changes were the upgrade to WMP11 64.
>
> Going back to WMP10 doesn't help. Reloading video controller drivers
> dont help. Why can't Windows configurations stay the same?
>
> Why is Quicktime saying that another application has control over this
> format and that format every week. This is getting rediculous and has to
> stop.

RR

Tony Sperling wrote:
> Ah, this may well be connected with the issue 'below'. In addition to what I
> said there, you may want to flash your BIOS if there's a fresh version.
>

> Tony. . .
>

> "RR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> Still getting a black screen while attempting to play DVD's when aweek
>> ago the DVD's played fine. Only changes were the upgrade to WMP11 64.
>>
>> Going back to WMP10 doesn't help. Reloading video controller drivers
>> dont help. Why can't Windows configurations stay the same?
>>
>> Why is Quicktime saying that another application has control over this
>> format and that format every week. This is getting rediculous and has to
>> stop.

yep done that and still no luck.

Even though I was watching a DVD last week with out any problems,
wouldn't imagine the BIOS being the problem.

Jud Hendrix

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:15:09 -0800, RR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Even though I was watching a DVD last week with out any problems,
>wouldn't imagine the BIOS being the problem.

It must be a lack of the codec. Try and install the trial-version of WinDVD
http://www.intervideo.com/WinDVD/ or PowerDVD
http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_1_ENU.html
and see if that brings back DVD-playback on WMP, then you know for sure it
is a codec-problem.

jud

John Barnes

Still enjoying my movies with MPC.

Jud Hendrix wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:15:09 -0800, RR <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Even though I was watching a DVD last week with out any problems,
>> wouldn't imagine the BIOS being the problem.

> It must be a lack of the codec. Try and install the trial-version of WinDVD
> http://www.intervideo.com/WinDVD/ or PowerDVD
> http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/products/main_1_ENU.html
> and see if that brings back DVD-playback on WMP, then you know for sure it
> is a codec-problem.
>
> jud

WinDVD trial didn't work

Tony Sperling

Yes, I entirely agree. Less, sometimes, really IS more!

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...