Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: Win2k3 std x64 and SNMP files

Re: Win2k3 std x64 and SNMP files

Roger Faucher

Are you using Dell management software version 5 or 5.1? I have used those
with no trouble. They're available for download from the Dell website.

Make a great day!

Roger Faucher
Microsoft MVP

"bkim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am trying use Dell's Openmanage software which requires that I add a
> windows component called Simple Network Management Protocol (or SNMP). It
> is
> locaed under the details for Management and Monitoring Tools in the
> Windows
> Components Wizard.
>
> When I try to continue after selecting it, a message pops up asking for
> the
> Win2k3 std x64 CD and the location of a lmmib2.dll file. I could not find
> this file on my cd anywhere. Has anyone run into this before? Where do I
> get Win2k3 std x64 version of these dll files? a complete list can be
> found
> here http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/aa379149.aspx

Jane C

lmmib2.dll should be found here: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
"bkim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I think you understood my post wrong.
>
> The dell software is installed and running fine.
>
> The problem is that I need SNMP enabled on the server. I don't have the
> required files to install this component. I need lmmib2.dll and other
> SNMP
> related files for Windows Server 2003 standard x64 SP1.
>
> If you can help with this please post
> thanks
>
> "Roger Faucher" wrote:
>
>> Are you using Dell management software version 5 or 5.1? I have used
>> those
>> with no trouble. They're available for download from the Dell website.
>>
>> Make a great day!
>>
>> Roger Faucher
>> Microsoft MVP
>>

>> "bkim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I am trying use Dell's Openmanage software which requires that I add a
>> > windows component called Simple Network Management Protocol (or SNMP).
>> > It
>> > is
>> > locaed under the details for Management and Monitoring Tools in the
>> > Windows
>> > Components Wizard.
>> >
>> > When I try to continue after selecting it, a message pops up asking for
>> > the
>> > Win2k3 std x64 CD and the location of a lmmib2.dll file. I could not
>> > find
>> > this file on my cd anywhere. Has anyone run into this before? Where
>> > do I
>> > get Win2k3 std x64 version of these dll files? a complete list can be
>> > found
>> > here http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/aa379149.aspx

Jane C

You need to make sure that you can see hidden files, and also protected
operating system files.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
"bkim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I dont have a dllcache folder and the dll is not found anywhere on the
>machine
> what can i do to fix it?
>
> "Jane C" wrote:
>
>> lmmib2.dll should be found here: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllcache
>>
>> --
>> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
>> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
>> "bkim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I think you understood my post wrong.
>> >
>> > The dell software is installed and running fine.
>> >
>> > The problem is that I need SNMP enabled on the server. I don't have
>> > the
>> > required files to install this component. I need lmmib2.dll and other
>> > SNMP
>> > related files for Windows Server 2003 standard x64 SP1.
>> >
>> > If you can help with this please post
>> > thanks

Colin Barnhorst

Organize/Folder and Search Options/View and uncheck "Hide protected
operating system file (Recommended)"

"bkim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have my explorer set to show hidden files but there is no hidden folder
> named "dllcache". I don't know how to see "protected operating system
> files"
> ex. I can see folders like $NtUninstallKB896358$ and $hf_mig$ in windows

Colin Barnhorst

Sorry, there is no Organize (I am in Vista at the moment). The option is
reached through the Explorer Tools menu, but otherwise works the same. I
hope I did not cause confusion.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Organize/Folder and Search Options/View and uncheck "Hide protected
> operating system file (Recommended)"

Colin Barnhorst

Yes you do.

Tools/Folder Options/View/ uncheck Hide Protected Operating System Files
Tools/Folder Options/View/ click on Show Hidden Files and Folders

Do both and click on Apply to all Folders

"bkim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks to all for trying but unfortunately I dont have that option in my
> explorer under tools or anywhere else.
>
> I dont have that folder.

Colin Barnhorst

Don't feel dumb! All those options in Windows start looking alike after
you've stared at them long enough. I do it all the time. I find myself
going in circles.

Glad you got it going.