Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Vista Unsigned Drivers

Windows Vista Unsigned Drivers

mcbacon@gmail.com

Hello!

So I've got this Gameboy Advance Homebrew running device, like a little
docking station for a custom GBA cartrdige. Heres the thing, on Windows
XP the thing works fine, driver is found stright away and then bam,
chucking stuff on it.

On Vista (RC1 5600 64bit Beta), the driver can not be found, not on my
CD or when I download like a hundred different versions of the driver.

Theres a good chance the thing just needs new drivers, but on XP you
get the whole "Driver is unsigned or untested, continue anyway?" Which
might be the problem.

So, basically, asking if anyone has had problems with drivers on Vista
and any possible ways to fix it, I'll take anything you got!

Thanks so much for reading!

Charlie Russel - MVP

You're going to need to wait for Vista x64 drivers, I'm afraid. The need for
signed drivers is real, and if it won't even find your current XP driver
that means that it isn't one it is willing to accept as an acceptible driver
for the device in Vista.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64