Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > same drive different letters

Reply
Thread Tools

same drive different letters

 
 
Gott
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-09-2006
I have one drive that keeps showing up as the same drive under different
drive letters. One drive is basic the other is dynamic. How do I eliminate
the one I don't need?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
R. C. White, MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      12-23-2006
Hi, Gott.

If you are still having this problem, please post your question again. This
time, give us enough information to at least make an intelligent guess.

How many hard disks? SATA, PATA or ?? How are they partitioned? Are you
running WinXP or Vista? Dual-booting?

Under what circumstances do the different drive letters "show up"? In
Windows Explorer, or in Disk Management, or both?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Microsoft Windows MVP
(Running Windows Mail 7.0 in Vista Ultimate x64)

"Gott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have one drive that keeps showing up as the same drive under different
>drive letters. One drive is basic the other is dynamic. How do I eliminate
>the one I don't need?


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Gott
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-09-2007
For the record this problem occurred after going to a site to download a fix
for some other problem. A recent repair (versus complete reinstall)
following an IE7 update failure seems to have corrected the problem.


--
Best Regards
"R. C. White, MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Gott.
>
> If you are still having this problem, please post your question again.
> This time, give us enough information to at least make an intelligent
> guess.
>
> How many hard disks? SATA, PATA or ?? How are they partitioned? Are you
> running WinXP or Vista? Dual-booting?
>
> Under what circumstances do the different drive letters "show up"? In
> Windows Explorer, or in Disk Management, or both?
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Microsoft Windows MVP
> (Running Windows Mail 7.0 in Vista Ultimate x64)
>
> "Gott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have one drive that keeps showing up as the same drive under different
>>drive letters. One drive is basic the other is dynamic. How do I eliminate
>>the one I don't need?

>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weird issue, same code, same browser, two different apache servers,very different css bluebaron HTML 3 11-04-2009 07:13 PM
running same script on same data on two different machines -->different result Christopher Brewster Python 5 11-14-2008 08:19 PM
making all letters Caps/Small Letters Merrigan Python 4 12-14-2007 10:10 AM
same code produces different decimal symbol on different computers with same settings ASP General 2 12-29-2003 02:29 PM
Changing from capital letters to small letters using perl Venugopal Perl Misc 11 11-05-2003 06:07 PM



Advertisments