Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Help with Dlink NIC & securuty

Help with Dlink NIC & securuty

Jim

When I try to enable any of the security features I get a message that the
SSID is already configured and to enter a new SSID and network connection.

When I do this it will not connect to the AP even though it shows it with a
good signal. I have duplicated all the same info on the router/AP. D-Link
had been no help when I have called for assistance. I have deleted the old
SSID and all info prior to creating the new SSID with security enabled.

I am banging my head against a brick wall.

The computer is a Win 98Se but that should not matter as I am only working
with the D-Ling configuration utility.

Thanks for your help
Jim

Alan Muller [MSFT]

Microsoft has not provided any wireless software for Windows 98. The problem
seems to be entirely on the side of the D-Link provided configuration
utility. Your best bet is to keep going after D-Link for help with this
particular problem.
--
Alan Muller
Software Design Engineer in Test

purposes only.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When I try to enable any of the security features I get a message that the
> SSID is already configured and to enter a new SSID and network connection.
>
> When I do this it will not connect to the AP even though it shows it with
> a good signal. I have duplicated all the same info on the router/AP.
> D-Link had been no help when I have called for assistance. I have deleted
> the old SSID and all info prior to creating the new SSID with security
> enabled.
>
> I am banging my head against a brick wall.
>
> The computer is a Win 98Se but that should not matter as I am only working
> with the D-Ling configuration utility.
>
> Thanks for your help
> Jim

TW

Using the D-Link utility click on the configuration tab and make sure
Authentication is set to OPEN and not SHARED. I have also found with W98SE
and D-Link after a reboot you have to go into the utility and click on site
survey then click connect to get an IP address from the router.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...