Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > CRM in a Virtual Machine

CRM in a Virtual Machine

=?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBQ?=

Can I deploy CRM in a Virtual hosted Machine. Installing in Small Business
Server that is hosted as a virtual machine?

Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Richard P wrote:

>Can I deploy CRM in a Virtual hosted Machine. Installing in Small Business
>Server that is hosted as a virtual machine?

Assuming the virtual machine is "chunky" enough, yes.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

Charlie Russel - MVP

With an important caveat - Premium Edition isn't supported in a virtual
machine because of the ISA component.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Richard P wrote:
>
>>Can I deploy CRM in a Virtual hosted Machine. Installing in Small
>>Business
>>Server that is hosted as a virtual machine?

> Assuming the virtual machine is "chunky" enough, yes.
>
> --
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

>With an important caveat - Premium Edition isn't supported in a virtual
>machine because of the ISA component.

There's a CRM Premium Edition that has an ISA component? <g>

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

Charlie Russel - MVP

OP: "Installing in Small Business Server that is hosted as a virtual
machine?"

So, since SBS is clearly just a component of CRM...

<G>

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
>
>>With an important caveat - Premium Edition isn't supported in a virtual
>>machine because of the ISA component.

> There's a CRM Premium Edition that has an ISA component? <g>
>
> --
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

=?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCBQ?=

CRM is supported inside SBS, but can I install both inside a Virtual Machine
for my production? Currently running SBS inside a virtual machine. Any
pointers to look out for (positives, negatives)?

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> OP: "Installing in Small Business Server that is hosted as a virtual
> machine?"
>
> So, since SBS is clearly just a component of CRM...
>
> <G>
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:
> >
> >>With an important caveat - Premium Edition isn't supported in a virtual
> >>machine because of the ISA component.

> > There's a CRM Premium Edition that has an ISA component? <g>
> >
> > --
> > Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
> > MVPs do not work for Microsoft. Please reply only to the newsgroups.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yes, you can install both. You'll need to configure your virtual machine to
have sufficient resources that it won't be starved by adding CRM to the mix.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...