Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > About IO.File.Delete

About IO.File.Delete

yxq

Hello,
The IO.File.Delete(Visual Studio 2005) function can not delete files on
Vista-64bit, why?

And, what changes of API between 32-bit and 64-bit?

Thank you

Charlie Russel - MVP

This newsgroup has primarily end users and IT professionals in it (hence the
..general in the name), and you might have better success asking about this
on one of the MSDN forums.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"yxq" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> The IO.File.Delete(Visual Studio 2005) function can not delete files on
> Vista-64bit, why?
>
> And, what changes of API between 32-bit and 64-bit?
>
> Thank you

Stuart

System.IO.File.Delete(file) works just fine on my Vista x64 RC2 - I have
done my best to kill the bloody nannyware features, so UAC could be your
problem.