Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Samsung ML-2010 Laser Printer on Vista x64

Samsung ML-2010 Laser Printer on Vista x64

John C.

Any one know if the Samsung ML-2010 Laser Printer works on Vista x64?
There is a XP64 driver, has anyone tried this with Vista? Just want
to check before I buy one.

Charlie Russel - MVP

The ML-2010 printer is not one of those listed in Vista x64. That doesn't
mean it won't work, just that it will have to have either a post-RTM driver,
or it will have to be able to function enough like one of the supported
printers to work adequately.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"John C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Any one know if the Samsung ML-2010 Laser Printer works on Vista x64?
> There is a XP64 driver, has anyone tried this with Vista? Just want
> to check before I buy one.

=?Utf-8?B?SGFtX1JhZGlvX09wZXJhdG9y?=

I had the same issue. A polite gentleman in England related this to me:

you hav to use the Dell Laser Printer 1100 enable to use your printer. This
little trick worked for me; plus you don't have to deal with calling Samsung
and wasting your time
--
Yours truly,

A Helping Hand

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> The ML-2010 printer is not one of those listed in Vista x64. That doesn't
> mean it won't work, just that it will have to have either a post-RTM driver,
> or it will have to be able to function enough like one of the supported
> printers to work adequately.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "John C." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Any one know if the Samsung ML-2010 Laser Printer works on Vista x64?
> > There is a XP64 driver, has anyone tried this with Vista? Just want
> > to check before I buy one.

Charlie Russel - MVP

If the dell is the same or similar enough to the Samsung, that will work,
certainly.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Ham_Radio_Operator" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:(E-Mail Removed)...