Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > TV tumer card and x64

TV tumer card and x64

Rich Olver

Has anyone bought a TV tuner card that works with XP x64?

I'd like to buy a tuner card to add to my dual opteron box running XP
x64. There are quite a few tuner cards on the market, but I'm worried
about needing a x64 driver which might not exist for any of the cards.

Thanks

Juergen Kluth

Hi,
i do use a www.terratec.de (left,bottom for your region)
regards jk

Tony Sperling

I have a ComPro DBT 300 it does not have a 64bit driver - what may be
significant is that none of the products on their site has anything anywhere
near 64bit support.

Pity! I rather like it. I'll try and have it configured in the VM - then, at
least I can record, and the stuff will be playable on the machine,
disregarding.

Tony. . .

"Rich Olver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Has anyone bought a TV tuner card that works with XP x64?
>
> I'd like to buy a tuner card to add to my dual opteron box running XP
> x64. There are quite a few tuner cards on the market, but I'm worried
> about needing a x64 driver which might not exist for any of the cards.
>
> Thanks

Dominic Payer

Leadtek have a number of 64 bit drivers.
See http://tw1965.myweb.hinet.net/Leadtek.htm

The latest Leadtek software - some beta - is at
http://tw1965.myweb.hinet.net/

"Rich Olver" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Has anyone bought a TV tuner card that works with XP x64?
>
> I'd like to buy a tuner card to add to my dual opteron box running XP x64.
> There are quite a few tuner cards on the market, but I'm worried
> about needing a x64 driver which might not exist for any of the cards.
>
> Thanks

andy

http://www.fusionhdtv.co.kr/ENG/Products/
:: FusionHDTV5 RT Gold [US / Canada Only]
-Power Recording : Automatic PC ON&OFF for Recordings
-Boot PC with Fusions MCE Remote Control
-True HD Time-Shifting Function
-Enhanced Analog TV Resolution
-64bit HDTV Driver for Windows XP x64 Edition
-5th Generation Chipset : 64/256 QAM Digital Cable
-Scheduled Recording with EPG
-Conversion to Xvid/DivX/DVD/MPEG2 Format
-High Resolution, Still Screen Capture

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:53:09 -0700, Rich Olver <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Has anyone bought a TV tuner card that works with XP x64?
>
>I'd like to buy a tuner card to add to my dual opteron box running XP
>x64. There are quite a few tuner cards on the market, but I'm worried
>about needing a x64 driver which might not exist for any of the cards.
>
>Thanks

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Hauppauge has x64 drivers for the PVR 150 and I believe a couple of others
(? the 500 which is the dual tuner version of the 150, I think). Check
their website. www.hauppauge.com
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows