Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > VPC-Beta. First impression!

VPC-Beta. First impression!

Tony Sperling

The Creation Wizard Crashed XP x64 at a point when changing the default RAM
allocation from 128 to 256MB! Never got to acknowledge my choice.

Any suggestions for a 'next step'? :-O

Tony. . .

Tony Sperling

Sorry! I just remember there was a HotFix mentioned, back there. I think I
will try that!

Tony. . .

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Creation Wizard Crashed XP x64 at a point when changing the default

RAM
> allocation from 128 to 256MB! Never got to acknowledge my choice.
>
> Any suggestions for a 'next step'? :-O
>

> Tony. . .

Tony Sperling

O.K. Hotfix installed, VM created (not installed) and Hardware Support is
recognized but disabled and checkbox greyed out - was I right after all?
Asus needs to issue a BIOS with an interface for me to turn it on???

Or is it that the Windows 2000 VM i created can't support it?

Tony. . .

Tony Sperling

O.K. now, this is great - after installing the OS the Hardware
Virtualisation magically enabled itself. This has been a positive
experience, now to find out how best to use it all.

I imagine I could install Nero, thus having InCD available on the machine -
and the Compro TV Tuner that hasn't any 64bit drivers, I hope to activate
now as well.

So, long!

Tony. . .

70-290 first or 70-291 first? MCSE 2 07-11-2006 03:30 AM
I'm lazy: how do I make the first databound record not display/chop off the first element from SqlDataSource ASP .Net 7 06-28-2006 10:24 AM
20D's first field trip. First Snake of Spring Celtic Boar Digital Photography 3 04-10-2005 09:40 PM
help with my first project on first job, how to read a strange file, thanks a lot!!!!!!! matt Java 9 10-27-2004 03:32 AM
FS: First Clamshell Laptop - First Laptop in Space - GRiD 1101 Compass Computer Dave Computer Information 0 09-22-2004 10:59 PM

Advertisments