Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Installing 32 bit Apps on x64 Platform

Installing 32 bit Apps on x64 Platform

tliebs

I apologize in advance for asking a question that has probably been
answered already. How would I go about installing a 32 bit application
on Windows Server 2003 R2 x64? I am ashamed to even have to ask.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Insert CD. Double click on Setup.exe if it doesn't autostart.

Literally, there is nothing different you have to do for the vast majority
of applications. If your application requires a system level driver - you
_must_ have a 64bit driver for it. If your application uses a 16 bit
installer - you're pretty much toast unless you can manually install it.

A good starting point for information about x64 is:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...ght_for_Me.doc

And my blog has had a lot of information posted on it over the >18 months
that x64 has been out.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"tliebs" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I apologize in advance for asking a question that has probably been
> answered already. How would I go about installing a 32 bit application
> on Windows Server 2003 R2 x64? I am ashamed to even have to ask.

=?Utf-8?B?Y2hhbmNl?=

what has worked for me was for the programs that would not load normally is
to instal while in safe mode then pin the program to the start menu