Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista games flicker after installing Dual Core

Vista games flicker after installing Dual Core

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

I am experiencing flickering in graphics (e.g. FS2004) after installing a
Dual Core AMD 4200+ processor.
No overclocking, everything was fine before the processor swaping.
Installed the newest Nvidia rc2 drivers to no avail.
Any ideas? (my kids are getting mad on me)
Carlos

Tony Sperling

Uproar in the family? We can't have that, Carlos. My first thought is the
driver, an earlier driver might work or go try:

http://www.ngohq.com/

I don't know about their current status on Vista drivers, but they do good
stuff, so worth checking.

I havn't tried the sim on my fresh x2 Vista installation myself yet. See if
I get time tomorrow?

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am experiencing flickering in graphics (e.g. FS2004) after installing a
> Dual Core AMD 4200+ processor.
> No overclocking, everything was fine before the processor swaping.
> Installed the newest Nvidia rc2 drivers to no avail.
> Any ideas? (my kids are getting mad on me)
> Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

FS200R was working fine until I placed the darned dual core.
Grrrrr
Carlos

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> Uproar in the family? We can't have that, Carlos. My first thought is the
> driver, an earlier driver might work or go try:
>
> http://www.ngohq.com/
>
> I don't know about their current status on Vista drivers, but they do good
> stuff, so worth checking.
>
> I havn't tried the sim on my fresh x2 Vista installation myself yet. See if
> I get time tomorrow?
>

> Tony. . .

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am experiencing flickering in graphics (e.g. FS2004) after installing a
> > Dual Core AMD 4200+ processor.
> > No overclocking, everything was fine before the processor swaping.
> > Installed the newest Nvidia rc2 drivers to no avail.
> > Any ideas? (my kids are getting mad on me)
> > Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Tony:
There can be no "earlier" drivers for Vista rc2.
NVidia's 96.85 are the only guaranteed to work with this version.
I would not try rc1's.
Carlos

"Tony Sperling" wrote:

> Uproar in the family? We can't have that, Carlos. My first thought is the
> driver, an earlier driver might work or go try:
>
> http://www.ngohq.com/
>
> I don't know about their current status on Vista drivers, but they do good
> stuff, so worth checking.
>
> I havn't tried the sim on my fresh x2 Vista installation myself yet. See if
> I get time tomorrow?
>

> Tony. . .

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I am experiencing flickering in graphics (e.g. FS2004) after installing a
> > Dual Core AMD 4200+ processor.
> > No overclocking, everything was fine before the processor swaping.
> > Installed the newest Nvidia rc2 drivers to no avail.
> > Any ideas? (my kids are getting mad on me)
> > Carlos

Tony Sperling

Yea, well - One bit of consolation might be one forum I just visited, one
guy with connections inside nVidia reported DX10 drivers to be ready by the
end of the month (if all goes well! If not, early December.)

Under NDA, he wouldn't comment on the performance, but assured us we would
like it!

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tony:
> There can be no "earlier" drivers for Vista rc2.
> NVidia's 96.85 are the only guaranteed to work with this version.
> I would not try rc1's.
> Carlos
>
> "Tony Sperling" wrote:
>
> > Uproar in the family? We can't have that, Carlos. My first thought is

the
> > driver, an earlier driver might work or go try:
> >
> > http://www.ngohq.com/
> >
> > I don't know about their current status on Vista drivers, but they do

good
> > stuff, so worth checking.
> >
> > I havn't tried the sim on my fresh x2 Vista installation myself yet. See

if
> > I get time tomorrow?
> >

> > Tony. . .
> >

> > "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I am experiencing flickering in graphics (e.g. FS2004) after

installing a
> > > Dual Core AMD 4200+ processor.
> > > No overclocking, everything was fine before the processor swaping.
> > > Installed the newest Nvidia rc2 drivers to no avail.
> > > Any ideas? (my kids are getting mad on me)
> > > Carlos

Tony Sperling

Seing you are out of options, one way that might work is to un-install FS
and re-install it. If I'm not mistaken it goes through a fair bit of
hardware recognition while installing - it may need to tune in to the more
powerfull machinery?

You should be able to remove it and have it keep the planes and sceneries
you added.

Good Luck!

Tony. . .

John Barnes

Or just send the kids outside to play. It's almost summer.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Seing you are out of options, one way that might work is to un-install FS
> and re-install it. If I'm not mistaken it goes through a fair bit of
> hardware recognition while installing - it may need to tune in to the more
> powerfull machinery?
>
> You should be able to remove it and have it keep the planes and sceneries
> you added.
>

> Good Luck!
>

> Tony. . .

Tony Sperling

Great idea - here's a link for inspiration!

http://www.gddweb.org/plans.html

Tony. . .

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Or just send the kids outside to play. It's almost summer.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Seing you are out of options, one way that might work is to un-install

FS
> > and re-install it. If I'm not mistaken it goes through a fair bit of
> > hardware recognition while installing - it may need to tune in to the

more
> > powerfull machinery?
> >
> > You should be able to remove it and have it keep the planes and

sceneries
> > you added.
> >

> > Good Luck!
> >

> > Tony. . .

Jud Hendrix

On Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:25:01 -0800, Carlos
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>FS200R was working fine until I placed the darned dual core.

Wanna swap it for my AMD64/3000? )

But, did you check if the latest processor-drivers are installed?

jud

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Jud:
There are no AMD specific processor drivers for Vista in www.amd.com.
I am using the ones included with the OS.
Carlos
P.S.: And no, I am not trading my dual-core processor