Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > GetOpenFileName failed after Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection

GetOpenFileName failed after Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection

Famel

Hello,

I have a 32-bit application which needs to show a standard File Open common
dialog on 64-bit Windows and user needs to be able to browse both system32
and SysWow64 folder, so I added Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection before
calling GetOpenFileName, and here is what happened:

1) Without calling Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection, the dialog could be shown
and user is able to browse both system32 and SysWow64, but definitely the
system32 displayed in this dialog is just a shadow of SysWow64 because I
cannot see the 64-bit exe that I put it using 64-bit Windows Explorer.

2) With calling Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection, GetOpenFileName returns
FALSE, the dialog was not shown, and GetLastError returns 0.

I run the test on Vista 64-bit Ultimate build 5600, the 32-bit process has
Vista specific manifest file which requires Admin.

Is this a bug in the build of Vista I am using, or 32-bit process needs to
something else to show a common file dialog which can shows content in real
system32 besides calling Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection? Thanks.