Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Defender v1593 released

Windows Defender v1593 released

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

There's a new version of windows defender dated nov 8th.
This is the x64 link page:
Carlos

Charlie Russel - MVP

It isn't in MU yet, but I'll assume it will find its way there shortly. If
you've got Defender installed, updates should be automatic.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There's a new version of windows defender dated nov 8th.
> This is the x64 link page:
> Carlos

Aaron Kelley

I'm hoping it'll show up there.
It'd also be nice if it could update itself instead of require an
uninstall/reinstall (which would probably lose whatever settings I've put in
as well).

- Aaron

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It isn't in MU yet, but I'll assume it will find its way there shortly. If
> you've got Defender installed, updates should be automatic.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> There's a new version of windows defender dated nov 8th.
>> This is the x64 link page:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>> Carlos

Charlie Russel - MVP

In general, it should, though I understand there may be specific reasons why
this one might not work that way.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Aaron Kelley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm hoping it'll show up there.
> It'd also be nice if it could update itself instead of require an
> uninstall/reinstall (which would probably lose whatever settings I've put
> in as well).
>
> - Aaron

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It isn't in MU yet, but I'll assume it will find its way there shortly.
>> If you've got Defender installed, updates should be automatic.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> There's a new version of windows defender dated nov 8th.
>>> This is the x64 link page:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
>>> Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Well I went the whole nine yards.
1.- Downloaded the new defender.
2.- Uninstalled the old one (no reboot required).
3.- Installed the new one (no reboot required).
4.- Updated defender definitions (no reboot required).
Carlos