Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Install USB based applications does not work

Install USB based applications does not work

Pesistent

I can not install applications which use USB. I have tried Sony Image
transfer, Acer Flat bed scanner MiraScan, Logitec quick cam.
Installation aborts indicating incomparability. Palm Desktop installs
but Will not sinc. Sony camera will not be recognized as a drive w/o
Image transfer software.

All these same applications work fine on other versions of XP. Has
anyone seen this? Is there a fix?

DP

You're talking about using these with XP pro x64?
You'll need 64-bit drivers for those devices. May take some searching, and
you may not always be successful.
Try www.planetamd64.com and do some searches on that site.

In other words, I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that these
are USB devices. It's because you don't have x64 drivers for the devices.
At least, that's my guess as to what your problem is. More information may
be necessary.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ps.com...