Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > dump.ax

dump.ax

=?Utf-8?B?U2F1cmFiaA==?=

I want to get the dump filter in DShow (dump.ax) for Windows XP "64 bit" &
Vista-64 bit. Where can I get it?

When I try to register the dump.ax in Windows XP-32 bit on 64-bit (XP or
Vista) using regsvr32, I get the 'registration succeeded' message. But, when
try to insert the filter from 'Insert Filters' list in GraphEdit.exe, the
dump filter is not seen in the list.

Charlie Russel - MVP

I suspect this is related to the well documented limitation that prevents a
64-bit program from calling a 32-bit DLL. But it could also be because there
are two versions of regsvr32 - a 64bit one and a 32bit one.

You really need to contact the folks who make GraphEdit. They're your best
resource for resolving this.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Saurabh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to get the dump filter in DShow (dump.ax) for Windows XP "64 bit" &
> Vista-64 bit. Where can I get it?
>
> When I try to register the dump.ax in Windows XP-32 bit on 64-bit (XP or
> Vista) using regsvr32, I get the 'registration succeeded' message. But,
> when
> try to insert the filter from 'Insert Filters' list in GraphEdit.exe, the
> dump filter is not seen in the list.

jabloomf1230

Download GSpot (http://www.headbands.com/gspot/)and see if dump.ax shows
up in the list of codecs on your system. I've never tried using it with
GraphEdit, but even though the file exists, GSpot shows it as missing on
my Win XP x64 system.

Also, make sure you use the right version of regsvr32.exe. There's one
in c:\windows\system32 and one in c:\windows\sysWOW64 (search if you
don't believe me and they are not the same). The latter is the
registration utility for 32 bit files, but the former is the program
that windows defaults to, if you don't specify a full path. The 64 bit
version will not generate an error with a 32 bit file, but it doesn't
register the file properly either.