Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > dual boot XP and XP 64bit Edition in Sata Raid

dual boot XP and XP 64bit Edition in Sata Raid

=?Utf-8?B?dW13aGF0?=

I want to install 2 second hand 80GB Sata harddrives in Raid 0+1, because
I read raid is going to be much faster and probably more efficient than 2
single IDE harddrives .
Can someone suggest methods for partitioning the harddrives and installing
the operating systems or post any link to instructions .
I think it is possible to install the operating systems then install the
applications I want and maybe the games I use and save them to a partition
for easy reinstallation of all what I want on the computer like when the
manufacurer would reinstall the operating system when my computer went to
them for servicing .

--
scribble...scribble...scribble...me !

Charlie Russel - MVP

For more on dual and multiple boot scenarios with x64 Edition (or any
others, actually), you might find the detailed blog I did on this of
interest and use.

http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../21/76180.aspx

Note: You will need to install your applications more than once. And in
different locations.
Note: you need four(4) drives to do RAID 0+1. If you do RAID0 you will
double your chances of catastrophic failure and irrecoverable data loss. If
you do RAID1, you will have complete redundancy and a slight improvement in
overall speed.
Note: You MUST install your OSs on separate partitions. Period.

HTH.
--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"umwhat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I want to install 2 second hand 80GB Sata harddrives in Raid 0+1,
> because
> I read raid is going to be much faster and probably more efficient than 2
> single IDE harddrives .
> Can someone suggest methods for partitioning the harddrives and
> installing
> the operating systems or post any link to instructions .
> I think it is possible to install the operating systems then install the
> applications I want and maybe the games I use and save them to a partition
> for easy reinstallation of all what I want on the computer like when the
> manufacurer would reinstall the operating system when my computer went to
> them for servicing .
>

> --
> scribble...scribble...scribble...me !

=?Utf-8?B?dW13aGF0?=

Raid isn't going to do anything better than when I was using a 100ATA
drive so I think I'll use the drives as Sata drives instead . I may use Raid
later but on my budget 4 Sata harddrives is too much .
When I do try Raid I think I would like to try Raid 0+1 so when I find 2
more cheap sata harddrives I can try Sata Raid .

thankyou