Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Image zone

Image zone

yash.kulshrestha@gmail.com

this is my trouble with the x64 edition of windows. The thing with this
damned OS is that it would not run any version on the Imgae Zone app
that i got with my HP Printer, now as always, HP is oblivious to the
fact that there is a 64 bit edition to the WinXP Pro and so they do not
do anything to solve this problem. =I have tried mailing them but all
that returns is that they are working on it. The "working on it" part
has been going on since the last year and no one has come up with a
reasonable app to help me with my HP camera. Is there any software
which has most of the functions of Image Zone and still runs fine on
x64??

Charlie Russel - MVP

I seriously doubt it. If HP doesn't support their own applications and
printers, why would anyone else? And in most cases, even if someone wanted
to, they couldn't, since it's proprietary HP.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> this is my trouble with the x64 edition of windows. The thing with this
> damned OS is that it would not run any version on the Imgae Zone app
> that i got with my HP Printer, now as always, HP is oblivious to the
> fact that there is a 64 bit edition to the WinXP Pro and so they do not
> do anything to solve this problem. =I have tried mailing them but all
> that returns is that they are working on it. The "working on it" part
> has been going on since the last year and no one has come up with a
> reasonable app to help me with my HP camera. Is there any software
> which has most of the functions of Image Zone and still runs fine on
> x64??

John Barnes

I don't know what HP Image Zone does but basic photo editing. If you don't
need it to offload photos, you could use Roxio Easy Media Creator has
PhotoSuite which has numerous photo editing functions and works. Sure Adobe
has even more professional ones

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> this is my trouble with the x64 edition of windows. The thing with this
> damned OS is that it would not run any version on the Imgae Zone app
> that i got with my HP Printer, now as always, HP is oblivious to the
> fact that there is a 64 bit edition to the WinXP Pro and so they do not
> do anything to solve this problem. =I have tried mailing them but all
> that returns is that they are working on it. The "working on it" part
> has been going on since the last year and no one has come up with a
> reasonable app to help me with my HP camera. Is there any software
> which has most of the functions of Image Zone and still runs fine on
> x64??

Tony Sperling

Actually, IZ (32bit )works fine on x64, but it won't help you print, it is
not a driver - you'll need a printer driver and HP has got a Beta on their
site, it's not easy to find, and i doesn't support all printers, but if you
give it a try, you can type in your product's credentials in their search
facility and it will do it's damndest to put you in the right place!

Or, if Carlos sees this, his memory for links is probably better than mine?

Tony. . .