Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > How to get a replacement disk for your OEM XP x64

How to get a replacement disk for your OEM XP x64

=?Utf-8?B?c29ucy1mYXRoZXI=?=

First, though there are a few nice people in this group who would like to
help you, there are those who prefer to insult you rather than admit they
have no answer. I can't imagine they have any kind of a social life due to
this personality flaw, so they infest newsgroups like this one and act like
they have some form of value to the humanity here.

They don't.

To the ones who wanted to help me, here is the answer I found from
Microsoft:

Hello,

All End Users should first seek support through their System Builder.
However, if unable to obtain support from their System Builder, we offer do
offer the End User E-2-E Media Replacement support at a minimal charge.

The End User can access the End User Media Replacement Form via the below
links depending upon their location.

US/Canada: http://www.microsoft.ca/smallbiz/rep...a/default.mspx

Latam (Spanish): http://www.microsoft.com/latam/windows/soporte/

Brazil (Portuguese): http://www.microsoft.com/brasil/windows/suporte/

In order to validate your replacement request, you will need to provide a
valid COA (Certificate of Authenticity) number on the End User Media
Replacement Form.
This is a 14 digit numerical number in the following format:
00000-000-000-000. The COA number usually can be found on your manual that
came with the product.

For more information on locating your COA number see
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/h...on=Compare+Now

If you are unable to provide the COA (Certificate of Authenticity) number,
we will need you to fax the proof-of-purchase information (photocopy of your
original invoice, along with a dated sales receipt) along with your completed
End User Media Replacement Form, so we may validate your proof-of purchase.
Once your proof-of purchase is validated, we may process your replacement
request.

Reminder: Microsoft cannot ship to PO BOXES, so please list a street
address for your ship-to location.

Theo

I don't know why you think it is necessary to berate people
in this forum for not being able to provide you the answer
to your situation. One of the first responses was you were
in the wrong place and you chose to ignore it. I advised
you based on personal experience with a situation to pick up
the telephone and call Microsoft, but that wasn't good
enough for you.

sons-father wrote:
> First, though there are a few nice people in this group who would like to
> help you, there are those who prefer to insult you rather than admit they
> have no answer. I can't imagine they have any kind of a social life due to
> this personality flaw, so they infest newsgroups like this one and act like
> they have some form of value to the humanity here.
>
> They don't.
>

> To the ones who wanted to help me, here is the answer I found from
> Microsoft:
>

> Hello,
>
> All End Users should first seek support through their System Builder.
> However, if unable to obtain support from their System Builder, we offer do
> offer the End User E-2-E Media Replacement support at a minimal charge.
>
> The End User can access the End User Media Replacement Form via the below
> links depending upon their location.
>
> US/Canada: http://www.microsoft.ca/smallbiz/rep...a/default.mspx
>
> Latam (Spanish): http://www.microsoft.com/latam/windows/soporte/
>
> Brazil (Portuguese): http://www.microsoft.com/brasil/windows/suporte/
>
> In order to validate your replacement request, you will need to provide a
> valid COA (Certificate of Authenticity) number on the End User Media
> Replacement Form.
> This is a 14 digit numerical number in the following format:
> 00000-000-000-000. The COA number usually can be found on your manual that
> came with the product.
>
> For more information on locating your COA number see
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/h...on=Compare+Now
>
> If you are unable to provide the COA (Certificate of Authenticity) number,
> we will need you to fax the proof-of-purchase information (photocopy of your
> original invoice, along with a dated sales receipt) along with your completed
> End User Media Replacement Form, so we may validate your proof-of purchase.
> Once your proof-of purchase is validated, we may process your replacement
> request.
>
> Reminder: Microsoft cannot ship to PO BOXES, so please list a street
> address for your ship-to location.

Charlie Russel - MVP

No one, at any time, berated you. Honestly. So I'm sorry you felt that way -
it wasn't directed at you.

I actually very much appreciate your getting back to the group with what you
were able to discover. It sounds like you have a viable solution to the
problem, and that's actually good news. I honestly thought you were going to
be out of luck.
--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64