Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > PowerToys?

PowerToys?

Bill Cohagan

Any word on when/if XP Powertoys will be able to run on Win XP64? I'm
interested in CmdHere in particular.

TIA,
Bill

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Bill:
Santa is here.
Copy the following text into a text file named cmdhere.inf
Later on, right click on it and choose install.
Here's the text:
;
; "CMD Prompt Here" PowerToy
;
; Copyright 1996 Microsoft Corporation
;
[version]
signature="$CHICAGO$"

[CmdHereInstall]
CopyFiles = CmdHere.Files.Inf
AddReg = CmdHere.Reg

[DefaultInstall]
CopyFiles = CmdHere.Files.Inf
AddReg = CmdHere.Reg

[DefaultUnInstall]
DelFiles = CmdHere.Files.Inf
DelReg = CmdHere.Reg

[SourceDisksNames]
55="CMD Prompt Here","",1

[SourceDisksFiles]
CmdHere.INF=55

[DestinationDirs]
CmdHere.Files.Inf = 17

[CmdHere.Files.Inf]
CmdHere.INF

[CmdHere.Reg]
HKLM,%UDHERE%,DisplayName,,"%CmdHereName%"
HKLM,%UDHERE%,UninstallString,,"rundll32.exe
syssetup.dll,SetupInfObjectInstallAction DefaultUninstall 132
%17%\CmdHere.inf"
HKCR,Directory\Shell\CmdHere,,,"%CmdHereAccel%"
HKCR,Directory\Shell\CmdHere\command,,,"%11%\cmd.e xe /k cd ""%1"""
HKCR,Drive\Shell\CmdHere,,,"%CmdHereAccel%"
HKCR,Drive\Shell\CmdHere\command,,,"%11%\cmd.exe /k cd ""%1"""

[Strings]
CmdHereName="CMD Prompt Here PowerToy"
CmdHereAccel="CMD &Prompt Here"
UDHERE="Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Uninstall\CmdHere"

"Bill Cohagan" wrote:

> Any word on when/if XP Powertoys will be able to run on Win XP64? I'm
> interested in CmdHere in particular.
>
> TIA,
> Bill

Bill Cohagan

Carlos
Thanks for the code; however I don't seem to be able to get it to work.
When I try to "install" (as non admin) it fails with a dialog saying simply
"Installation Failed". When I install when logged on as admin it *appears*
to run fine; however the context menu item does not appear -- so apparently
it didn't effectively install.

Any ideas how I might troubleshoot?

Regards,
Bill

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Bill:
> Santa is here.
> Copy the following text into a text file named cmdhere.inf
> Later on, right click on it and choose install.
> Here's the text:
> ;
> ; "CMD Prompt Here" PowerToy
> ;
> ; Copyright 1996 Microsoft Corporation
> ;
> [version]
> signature="$CHICAGO$"
>
> [CmdHereInstall]
> CopyFiles = CmdHere.Files.Inf
> AddReg = CmdHere.Reg
>
> [DefaultInstall]
> CopyFiles = CmdHere.Files.Inf
> AddReg = CmdHere.Reg
>
> [DefaultUnInstall]
> DelFiles = CmdHere.Files.Inf
> DelReg = CmdHere.Reg
>
> [SourceDisksNames]
> 55="CMD Prompt Here","",1
>
> [SourceDisksFiles]
> CmdHere.INF=55
>
> [DestinationDirs]
> CmdHere.Files.Inf = 17
>
> [CmdHere.Files.Inf]
> CmdHere.INF
>
> [CmdHere.Reg]
> HKLM,%UDHERE%,DisplayName,,"%CmdHereName%"
> HKLM,%UDHERE%,UninstallString,,"rundll32.exe
> syssetup.dll,SetupInfObjectInstallAction DefaultUninstall 132
> %17%\CmdHere.inf"
> HKCR,Directory\Shell\CmdHere,,,"%CmdHereAccel%"
> HKCR,Directory\Shell\CmdHere\command,,,"%11%\cmd.e xe /k cd ""%1"""
> HKCR,Drive\Shell\CmdHere,,,"%CmdHereAccel%"
> HKCR,Drive\Shell\CmdHere\command,,,"%11%\cmd.exe /k cd ""%1"""
>
> [Strings]
> CmdHereName="CMD Prompt Here PowerToy"
> CmdHereAccel="CMD &Prompt Here"
> UDHERE="Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Uninstall\CmdHere"
>

> "Bill Cohagan" wrote:
>
>> Any word on when/if XP Powertoys will be able to run on Win XP64? I'm
>> interested in CmdHere in particular.
>>
>> TIA,
>> Bill

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Ok, Bill.
Get it from here
www.duke.edu/~ksanders/cmdhere.inf
The link is valid, I tried it before posting.
Good luck!
Carlos