Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Defender Released

Windows Defender Released

Aaron Kelley

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Way to go Aaron!
English, German and Japanese are available.
No Spanish yet.
WGA check on install.
Beware you, pirates!
Carlos

"Aaron Kelley" wrote:

> x86:
> x64:
>
> - Aaron

Homer J. Simpson

Funny how clicking the Check for Updates button from within Defender says no
update is available...

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Cannot find any reference on MS pages to Vista.
Does Vista use a specific version of Windows Defender or do the x86 and x64
newly released versions encompass Vista x86 and Vista x64 as well?
Carlos

"Aaron Kelley" wrote:

> x86:
> x64:
>
> - Aaron

your creator

Homer J. Simpson wrote:
> Funny how clicking the Check for Updates button from within Defender says no
> update is available...

LMAO I know, the only way to update it is through windows update, the
update option in WD is useless

Homer J. Simpson

> Cannot find any reference on MS pages to Vista.
> Does Vista use a specific version of Windows Defender or do the x86 and
> x64
> newly released versions encompass Vista x86 and Vista x64 as well?

Somehow I don't think that Vista will ship with the beta version of
Defender, so it only makes sense that the RTM will come with the final
Defender as well...just like you won't find the final IE7 for Vista as a
separate download.

Aaron Kelley

This is correct.
You don't need to install Windows Defender in Vista since it is bundled.
That we are seeing the final version for Windows XP/2003 is another sign
that Vista is almost ready.

- Aaron

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...