Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Script Host for x64

Windows Script Host for x64

=?Utf-8?B?SXJiZmx5aW5n?=

I have just installed Windows XP Pro x64 and now I have several programs that
will not run due to windows script host not present. Is there a version of
windows script host for this O/S or a way around it?

Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Irbflying wrote:

>I have just installed Windows XP Pro x64 and now I have several programs
>that
>will not run due to windows script host not present. Is there a version of
>windows script host for this O/S or a way around it?

Windows Script Host is definitely there by default.

Look under C:\Windows\System32 and you'll find both CSCRIPT.EXE and
WSCRIPT.EXE, the command-line and Windows based versions respectively.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

=?Utf-8?B?SXJiZmx5aW5n?=

"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" wrote:

> Irbflying wrote:
>
> >I have just installed Windows XP Pro x64 and now I have several programs
> >that
> >will not run due to windows script host not present. Is there a version of
> >windows script host for this O/S or a way around it?

> Windows Script Host is definitely there by default.
>
> Look under C:\Windows\System32 and you'll find both CSCRIPT.EXE and
> WSCRIPT.EXE, the command-line and Windows based versions respectively.
>
> --
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
> ---------------------------------------

The program in question does not locate it. Is it possible that it is
looking for a different file name?

Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Irbflying wrote:

>"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" wrote:
>
>>Irbflying wrote:
>>
>>>I have just installed Windows XP Pro x64 and now I have several programs
>>>that
>>>will not run due to windows script host not present. Is there a version
>>>of
>>>windows script host for this O/S or a way around it?

>>Windows Script Host is definitely there by default.
>>
>>Look under C:\Windows\System32 and you'll find both CSCRIPT.EXE and
>>WSCRIPT.EXE, the command-line and Windows based versions respectively.
>>
>>--
>>Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
>>---------------------------------------

>The program in question does not locate it. Is it possible that it is
>looking for a different file name?

[WC]Script.exe has always been the name. There's versions in the SysWOW64
folder too, for 32-bit applications.

What's the program?

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

=?Utf-8?B?SXJiZmx5aW5n?=

"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" wrote:

> Irbflying wrote:

> >>Windows Script Host is definitely there by default.
> >>
> >>Look under C:\Windows\System32 and you'll find both CSCRIPT.EXE and
> >>WSCRIPT.EXE, the command-line and Windows based versions respectively.
> >>
> >>--
> >>Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
> >>---------------------------------------

> >The program in question does not locate it. Is it possible that it is
> >looking for a different file name?

> [WC]Script.exe has always been the name. There's versions in the SysWOW64
> folder too, for 32-bit applications.
>
> What's the program?
>
> --
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

I think the problem is the program is looking in the system32 files and not
sysWOW64. I have made this machine a dual boot with Win XP Pro and it works
fine now. Thanks for your input.

=?Utf-8?B?S0s=?=

I found the same problems when I started using x64 with my current vbscripts.
I had to start each .vbs,.wsh etc scripts with the compiler example:
cscript.exe c:\test.vbs and then it worked fine.
KK