Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > New Nvidia x64 Vista drivers 96.85

New Nvidia x64 Vista drivers 96.85

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

Out today:

ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/96.85/

--
Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
Core 2 Extreme X6800

Aaron Kelley

Cool!
....Are these the first WHQL drivers for Vista from NVIDIA?

- Aaron

"Maratonmannen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Out today:
>
> ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/96.85/
>
> --
> Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
> Core 2 Extreme X6800
> RAPTOR 2x150 GB RAID 0 (ICH7R)
> 4GB DDR2 800MHz
> GeForce 7800GTX (91.47)
> Samsung 24"
> Enermax 1000W 75A@+12V
> LAN 100/100

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

I installed 96.85 in Vista x64, but in DxDiag there is a No for WHQL.

In the Nvidia Control Panel, there are no option for GPU clock frequencies,
no GPU temperature.

--

"Aaron Kelley" wrote:

> Cool!
> ....Are these the first WHQL drivers for Vista from NVIDIA?
>
> - Aaron
>
> "Maratonmannen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Out today:
> >
> > ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/96.85/
> >
> > --
> > Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
> > Core 2 Extreme X6800
> > RAPTOR 2x150 GB RAID 0 (ICH7R)
> > 4GB DDR2 800MHz
> > GeForce 7800GTX (91.47)
> > Samsung 24"
> > Enermax 1000W 75A@+12V
> > LAN 100/100

Aaron Kelley

Ah, nevermind then.
I assumed it was WHQL since it says that in the filename on NVIDIA's site
there...
(You did install the WHQL one, right? )

- Aaron

"Maratonmannen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I installed 96.85 in Vista x64, but in DxDiag there is a No for WHQL.
>
> In the Nvidia Control Panel, there are no option for GPU clock
> frequencies,
> no GPU temperature.
>
> --
>
> "Aaron Kelley" wrote:
>
>> Cool!
>> ....Are these the first WHQL drivers for Vista from NVIDIA?
>>
>> - Aaron
>>
>> "Maratonmannen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Out today:
>> >
>> > ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/96.85/
>> >
>> > --
>> > Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
>> > Core 2 Extreme X6800
>> > RAPTOR 2x150 GB RAID 0 (ICH7R)
>> > 4GB DDR2 800MHz
>> > GeForce 7800GTX (91.47)
>> > Samsung 24"
>> > Enermax 1000W 75A@+12V
>> > LAN 100/100

Aaron Kelley

Gah, nevermind.
Earlier, there were 4 files in there (two of them with _WHQL in the
filename) but now there are just two. Maybe they got pulled, or maybe I am
going crazy.

- Aaron
"Aaron Kelley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ah, nevermind then.
> I assumed it was WHQL since it says that in the filename on NVIDIA's site
> there...
> (You did install the WHQL one, right? )
>
> - Aaron
>
> "Maratonmannen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I installed 96.85 in Vista x64, but in DxDiag there is a No for WHQL.
>>
>> In the Nvidia Control Panel, there are no option for GPU clock
>> frequencies,
>> no GPU temperature.
>>
>> --
>>
>> "Aaron Kelley" wrote:
>>
>>> Cool!
>>> ....Are these the first WHQL drivers for Vista from NVIDIA?
>>>
>>> - Aaron
>>>
>>> "Maratonmannen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>> message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Aaron:
Let's make this simple.
This is the proper web page:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_96.85.html
where 4 different download sources can be found.
I am using this one right now:
http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/9...ernational.exe
for the 41 megs download.

Release Highlights:
These drivers are only compatible with Windows Vista RC2 build 5744 and
higher, and should not be used with other versions of Windows Vista.
Includes the new NVIDIA Control Panel. Please visit the NVIDIA Control Panel
website for more information.
Includes OpenGL driver for compatibility testing.
Improved application compatibility and performance.
For a full list of fixes issues, please view the Release Notes.

Can't wait to install them!
Carlos
"Aaron Kelley" wrote:

> Gah, nevermind.
> Earlier, there were 4 files in there (two of them with _WHQL in the
> filename) but now there are just two. Maybe they got pulled, or maybe I am
> going crazy.
>
> - Aaron
> "Aaron Kelley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ah, nevermind then.
> > I assumed it was WHQL since it says that in the filename on NVIDIA's site
> > there...
> > (You did install the WHQL one, right? )
> >
> > - Aaron
> >
> > "Maratonmannen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>I installed 96.85 in Vista x64, but in DxDiag there is a No for WHQL.
> >>
> >> In the Nvidia Control Panel, there are no option for GPU clock
> >> frequencies,
> >> no GPU temperature.
> >>
> >> --

Mark W Scheidell

As far as I can tell not much different than the included RC 2 drivers. The
control panel has minimal configuration available, e.g. Multi GPU is
missing, etc.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Aaron:
> Let's make this simple.
> This is the proper web page:
> http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_96.85.html
> where 4 different download sources can be found.
> I am using this one right now:
> http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/9...ernational.exe
> for the 41 megs download.
>
> Release Highlights:
> These drivers are only compatible with Windows Vista RC2 build 5744 and
> higher, and should not be used with other versions of Windows Vista.
> Includes the new NVIDIA Control Panel. Please visit the NVIDIA Control
> Panel
> website for more information.
> Includes OpenGL driver for compatibility testing.
> Improved application compatibility and performance.
> For a full list of fixes issues, please view the Release Notes.
>
> Can't wait to install them!
> Carlos
> "Aaron Kelley" wrote:
>
>> Gah, nevermind.
>> Earlier, there were 4 files in there (two of them with _WHQL in the
>> filename) but now there are just two. Maybe they got pulled, or maybe I
>> am
>> going crazy.
>>
>> - Aaron
>> "Aaron Kelley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Ah, nevermind then.
>> > I assumed it was WHQL since it says that in the filename on NVIDIA's
>> > site
>> > there...
>> > (You did install the WHQL one, right? )
>> >
>> > - Aaron
>> >
>> > "Maratonmannen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> > message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?d2FsazJr?=

Correct, they are no different than the MS included RC2 drivers.
Same graphic corruption in games.

They are also not WHQL.