Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > x64 Won't load sigmatel drivers

x64 Won't load sigmatel drivers

=?Utf-8?B?Q3V5bGVy?=

Ever since beta two my sigmatel high definition x64 drivers won't load. In
fact, when I check Control Panel, Add Hardware, no sigmatel is even listed.

I am running RC2 on a Gateway GM5048 with 2gb memory. Under Windows Xp the
following drivers for audio are loaded:

ATI unified AVstream driver
Audio Codecs
Legacy Audio drivers
Legacy Video Capture devices
Media control devices
SigmaTel High Definiton Audio CODEC
Unimodem half duplex audio device
Video Codecs

I would have thought the same would be loaded under Vixta x64 with the
exception that Sigmatel high definition audio codec x64 would have been
loaded. Instead, only the following are loaded:

ATI Unified AVStream Driver
High Definition Audio Device.

Audio works. However, when I check audio under control panel, no recording
devices are present. Can't get a recording device to show up.

Anyone know how to get the proper codecs to load?
Cuyler Smith

Charlie Russel - MVP

You can try pointing to the drivers for your sigmatel and installing them.
But if they're not signed drivers (and I'd wager they are not), then they
can't be used in Vista x64 and you'll have to wait for your OEM to provide
drivers.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"Cuyler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ever since beta two my sigmatel high definition x64 drivers won't load.
> In
> fact, when I check Control Panel, Add Hardware, no sigmatel is even
> listed.
>
> I am running RC2 on a Gateway GM5048 with 2gb memory. Under Windows Xp
> the
> following drivers for audio are loaded:
>
> ATI unified AVstream driver
> Audio Codecs
> Legacy Audio drivers
> Legacy Video Capture devices
> Media control devices
> SigmaTel High Definiton Audio CODEC
> Unimodem half duplex audio device
> Video Codecs
>
> I would have thought the same would be loaded under Vixta x64 with the
> exception that Sigmatel high definition audio codec x64 would have been
> loaded. Instead, only the following are loaded:
>
> ATI Unified AVStream Driver
> High Definition Audio Device.
>
> Audio works. However, when I check audio under control panel, no
> recording
> devices are present. Can't get a recording device to show up.
>
> Anyone know how to get the proper codecs to load?
> Cuyler Smith

=?Utf-8?B?Q3V5bGVy?=

Thanks, Charlie.

Found Sigmatel drivers for Windows XP x64 on Gateway website and installed
them. Microphone now works. However, I think I should have the legacy
drivers, Unimodem half duplex drivers, video codecs, and media control
devices load also. These usually load with the sound card driver, don't
they? If not, where can one get them?
--
Cuyler Smith

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> You can try pointing to the drivers for your sigmatel and installing them.
> But if they're not signed drivers (and I'd wager they are not), then they
> can't be used in Vista x64 and you'll have to wait for your OEM to provide
> drivers.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> "Cuyler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Ever since beta two my sigmatel high definition x64 drivers won't load.
> > In
> > fact, when I check Control Panel, Add Hardware, no sigmatel is even
> > listed.
> >
> > I am running RC2 on a Gateway GM5048 with 2gb memory. Under Windows Xp
> > the
> > following drivers for audio are loaded:
> >
> > ATI unified AVstream driver
> > Audio Codecs
> > Legacy Audio drivers
> > Legacy Video Capture devices
> > Media control devices
> > SigmaTel High Definiton Audio CODEC
> > Unimodem half duplex audio device
> > Video Codecs
> >
> > I would have thought the same would be loaded under Vixta x64 with the
> > exception that Sigmatel high definition audio codec x64 would have been
> > loaded. Instead, only the following are loaded:
> >
> > ATI Unified AVStream Driver
> > High Definition Audio Device.
> >
> > Audio works. However, when I check audio under control panel, no
> > recording
> > devices are present. Can't get a recording device to show up.
> >
> > Anyone know how to get the proper codecs to load?
> > Cuyler Smith

Aaron Kelley

Those aren't actually devices in your computer and no longer show up in
Vista's device manager.

- Aaron

"Cuyler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, Charlie.
>
> Found Sigmatel drivers for Windows XP x64 on Gateway website and installed
> them. Microphone now works. However, I think I should have the legacy
> drivers, Unimodem half duplex drivers, video codecs, and media control
> devices load also. These usually load with the sound card driver, don't
> they? If not, where can one get them?
> --
> Cuyler Smith
>

> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> You can try pointing to the drivers for your sigmatel and installing
>> them.
>> But if they're not signed drivers (and I'd wager they are not), then they
>> can't be used in Vista x64 and you'll have to wait for your OEM to
>> provide
>> drivers.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>

>> "Cuyler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Ever since beta two my sigmatel high definition x64 drivers won't load.
>> > In
>> > fact, when I check Control Panel, Add Hardware, no sigmatel is even
>> > listed.
>> >
>> > I am running RC2 on a Gateway GM5048 with 2gb memory. Under Windows Xp
>> > the
>> > following drivers for audio are loaded:
>> >
>> > ATI unified AVstream driver
>> > Audio Codecs
>> > Legacy Audio drivers
>> > Legacy Video Capture devices
>> > Media control devices
>> > SigmaTel High Definiton Audio CODEC
>> > Unimodem half duplex audio device
>> > Video Codecs
>> >
>> > I would have thought the same would be loaded under Vixta x64 with the
>> > exception that Sigmatel high definition audio codec x64 would have been
>> > loaded. Instead, only the following are loaded:
>> >
>> > ATI Unified AVStream Driver
>> > High Definition Audio Device.
>> >
>> > Audio works. However, when I check audio under control panel, no
>> > recording
>> > devices are present. Can't get a recording device to show up.
>> >
>> > Anyone know how to get the proper codecs to load?
>> > Cuyler Smith

cwhite

Cuyler, where did you find Sigmatel drivers for Win XP x64 on Gateway
website? Can you post the link? I've been looking for this and
Broadcom, Marvel, etc. x64 drivers for my new MX6453.

Curtis

Cuyler wrote:
> Thanks, Charlie.
>
> Found Sigmatel drivers for Windows XP x64 on Gateway website and installed
> them. Microphone now works. However, I think I should have the legacy
> drivers, Unimodem half duplex drivers, video codecs, and media control
> devices load also. These usually load with the sound card driver, don't
> they? If not, where can one get them?
> --
> Cuyler Smith
>

> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
> > You can try pointing to the drivers for your sigmatel and installing them.
> > But if they're not signed drivers (and I'd wager they are not), then they
> > can't be used in Vista x64 and you'll have to wait for your OEM to provide
> > drivers.
> >
> > --
> > Charlie.
> > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
> >

> > "Cuyler" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Ever since beta two my sigmatel high definition x64 drivers won't load.
> > > In
> > > fact, when I check Control Panel, Add Hardware, no sigmatel is even
> > > listed.
> > >
> > > I am running RC2 on a Gateway GM5048 with 2gb memory. Under Windows Xp
> > > the
> > > following drivers for audio are loaded:
> > >
> > > ATI unified AVstream driver
> > > Audio Codecs
> > > Legacy Audio drivers
> > > Legacy Video Capture devices
> > > Media control devices
> > > SigmaTel High Definiton Audio CODEC
> > > Unimodem half duplex audio device
> > > Video Codecs
> > >
> > > I would have thought the same would be loaded under Vixta x64 with the
> > > exception that Sigmatel high definition audio codec x64 would have been
> > > loaded. Instead, only the following are loaded:
> > >
> > > ATI Unified AVStream Driver
> > > High Definition Audio Device.
> > >
> > > Audio works. However, when I check audio under control panel, no
> > > recording
> > > devices are present. Can't get a recording device to show up.
> > >
> > > Anyone know how to get the proper codecs to load?
> > > Cuyler Smith

br0adband

New member, 1st post. I've got a Gateway MX6931 Core 2 Duo laptop I got
about a week ago and I've got full support for everything (had to track
down the drivers of course) for everything -except- the Sigmatel onboard
audio.

I can't figure out specifically which Sigmatel chip it is, but I
believe it's in the 92xx series. I've tried like 40+ different sets of
drivers I've located in the past few days, and -not one set- has worked
under XP64 and I have to say I'm getting really discouraged over this.

Just one single component and I can't get it working - and I love music
so that's a non-negotiable thing for me. I have to get sound working or
I simply can't use XP64, and would really like to.

I did some fairly thorough searching of Gateway's entire website and
located a document or two on the site as well as something at their
support forums where a Gateway rep flat out said "We don't sell 64 bit
operating systems so you're out of luck expecting drivers from us,"
more or less - that's not an exact quote, but he was explicitly clear
saying they just don't do 64 bit stuff.

Seemed odd when I read it, but since I can't -any- 64 bit drivers for
-any- product on Gateway's driver support section, I don't know where
else to turn.

It's an Intel 945GM based chipset on the laptop mobo, and although
Windows Update had the "Microsoft Corporation - Other Hardware -
Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio" driver it tried to
load but it's ineffective and still dead.

I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point. I'm fairly experienced
when it comes to getting drivers working across various versions of
Windows, but this time I'm simply stumped and peeved about it.

If the OP above actually located -some kind of working 64 bit driver-
from Gateway that's for Sigmatel onboard audio and Windows XP
Professional 64 Bit Edition, I'd sure love to get a link to the drivers
or a link to Gateway's specific site with the drivers because I've tried
for hours to locate some at Gateway and as far as I can tell, they
simply don't exist.

Hope the OP can help... there are quite a few of us that would love to
have sound under XP64 with the Sigmatel hardware.

Thanks...

--
br0adband
br0adband's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=19556

http://www.techarena.in

Dshai

This ia perhaps a place to look, no promises of course but worht a shot:
http://list.driverguide.com/list/company1690/index.html
"br0adband" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> New member, 1st post. I've got a Gateway MX6931 Core 2 Duo laptop I got
> about a week ago and I've got full support for everything (had to track
> down the drivers of course) for everything -except- the Sigmatel onboard
> audio.
>
> I can't figure out specifically which Sigmatel chip it is, but I
> believe it's in the 92xx series. I've tried like 40+ different sets of
> drivers I've located in the past few days, and -not one set- has worked
> under XP64 and I have to say I'm getting really discouraged over this.
>
> Just one single component and I can't get it working - and I love music
> so that's a non-negotiable thing for me. I have to get sound working or
> I simply can't use XP64, and would really like to.
>
> I did some fairly thorough searching of Gateway's entire website and
> located a document or two on the site as well as something at their
> support forums where a Gateway rep flat out said "We don't sell 64 bit
> operating systems so you're out of luck expecting drivers from us,"
> more or less - that's not an exact quote, but he was explicitly clear
> saying they just don't do 64 bit stuff.
>
> Seemed odd when I read it, but since I can't -any- 64 bit drivers for
> -any- product on Gateway's driver support section, I don't know where
> else to turn.
>
> It's an Intel 945GM based chipset on the laptop mobo, and although
> Windows Update had the "Microsoft Corporation - Other Hardware -
> Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio" driver it tried to
> load but it's ineffective and still dead.
>
> I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point. I'm fairly experienced
> when it comes to getting drivers working across various versions of
> Windows, but this time I'm simply stumped and peeved about it.
>
> If the OP above actually located -some kind of working 64 bit driver-
> from Gateway that's for Sigmatel onboard audio and Windows XP
> Professional 64 Bit Edition, I'd sure love to get a link to the drivers
> or a link to Gateway's specific site with the drivers because I've tried
> for hours to locate some at Gateway and as far as I can tell, they
> simply don't exist.
>
> Hope the OP can help... there are quite a few of us that would love to
> have sound under XP64 with the Sigmatel hardware.
>
> Thanks...
>

> --
> br0adband
> br0adband's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=19556
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=606038
>
> http://www.techarena.in

DP

Also, have you tried http://www.planetamd64.com/ ?

"Dshai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> This ia perhaps a place to look, no promises of course but worht a shot:
> http://list.driverguide.com/list/company1690/index.html
> "br0adband" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> New member, 1st post. I've got a Gateway MX6931 Core 2 Duo laptop I got
>> about a week ago and I've got full support for everything (had to track
>> down the drivers of course) for everything -except- the Sigmatel onboard
>> audio.
>>
>> I can't figure out specifically which Sigmatel chip it is, but I
>> believe it's in the 92xx series. I've tried like 40+ different sets of
>> drivers I've located in the past few days, and -not one set- has worked
>> under XP64 and I have to say I'm getting really discouraged over this.
>>
>> Just one single component and I can't get it working - and I love music
>> so that's a non-negotiable thing for me. I have to get sound working or
>> I simply can't use XP64, and would really like to.
>>
>> I did some fairly thorough searching of Gateway's entire website and
>> located a document or two on the site as well as something at their
>> support forums where a Gateway rep flat out said "We don't sell 64 bit
>> operating systems so you're out of luck expecting drivers from us,"
>> more or less - that's not an exact quote, but he was explicitly clear
>> saying they just don't do 64 bit stuff.
>>
>> Seemed odd when I read it, but since I can't -any- 64 bit drivers for
>> -any- product on Gateway's driver support section, I don't know where
>> else to turn.
>>
>> It's an Intel 945GM based chipset on the laptop mobo, and although
>> Windows Update had the "Microsoft Corporation - Other Hardware -
>> Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio" driver it tried to
>> load but it's ineffective and still dead.
>>
>> I'm at a loss as to what to do at this point. I'm fairly experienced
>> when it comes to getting drivers working across various versions of
>> Windows, but this time I'm simply stumped and peeved about it.
>>
>> If the OP above actually located -some kind of working 64 bit driver-
>> from Gateway that's for Sigmatel onboard audio and Windows XP
>> Professional 64 Bit Edition, I'd sure love to get a link to the drivers
>> or a link to Gateway's specific site with the drivers because I've tried
>> for hours to locate some at Gateway and as far as I can tell, they
>> simply don't exist.
>>
>> Hope the OP can help... there are quite a few of us that would love to
>> have sound under XP64 with the Sigmatel hardware.
>>
>> Thanks...
>>

>> --
>> br0adband
>> br0adband's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=19556
>> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=606038
>>
>> http://www.techarena.in

br0adband

Most definitely.

As I said, I've tried about 40+ driver sets from various locations,
some are old, some are new (just found some at Dell's support site
dated 11/2/2006 so those are the latest I've been able to locate) on
countless reinstalls of XP64 - thank god for True Image which lets me
start over totally clean in 6 mins.

It's just unbelievably frustrating to get this working. Right now I've
gone back to Vista Ultimate 64 for the time being, hoping that I can
find out why the available drivers aren't working.

I keep thinking that Gateway might have done something to this
particular Sigmatel chip that doesn't allow other drivers to work, but
I don't have any proof of it.

Those latest Dell drivers simply fail to load; they install, but the
device won't start because it says the drivers aren't/can't load and I
can't figure that part out yet.

Oh well, I'll keep trying...

bb