Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Updating my MCSE status........

Updating my MCSE status........

Hendri Soemijarsih

Hey guys,

I got my MCSE back in 1997 before I came to the U.S. to
continue my study.
I have a couple questions to ask, which are:
1. how long is the expriration time for a MCSE?
2. Do I have to retake all the tests that I have taken in
order to be certified again?
3. Is there any way to check my status online? I have the
MCP ID.

Thx!

Neil

"Hendri Soemijarsih" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:6a9001c42ed3
$8fba87c0$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hey guys,
>
> I got my MCSE back in 1997 before I came to the U.S. to
> continue my study.

what was that NT4, NT3.51?

> I have a couple questions to ask, which are:
> 1. how long is the expriration time for a MCSE?

MCSE NT 4 does not expire. My transcript still lists me as being an MCSE
from x date but does not list the fact that was on NT 3.51. There is a
separate line item for MCSE on NT 4

> 2. Do I have to retake all the tests that I have taken in
> order to be certified again?

no but an employer will probably want you to get your MCSE on 2k or 2k3

> 3. Is there any way to check my status online? I have the
> MCP ID.

https://partnering.one.microsoft.com/mcp

you will need to set up your passport account...

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Whoah! Thx for the fast reply!

It was NT 4.0.

I will check the status on the web.
Again, Thx!

>$8fba87c0$(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I got my MCSE back in 1997 before I came to the U.S. to
>> continue my study.

>what was that NT4, NT3.51?
>
>> I have a couple questions to ask, which are:
>> 1. how long is the expriration time for a MCSE?

>MCSE NT 4 does not expire. My transcript still lists me

as being an MCSE
>from x date but does not list the fact that was on NT

3.51. There is a
>separate line item for MCSE on NT 4
>
>> 2. Do I have to retake all the tests that I have taken

in
>> order to be certified again?

>no but an employer will probably want you to get your

MCSE on 2k or 2k3

>> 3. Is there any way to check my status online? I have

the
>> MCP ID.

>https://partnering.one.microsoft.com/mcp
>
>you will need to set up your passport account...
>

>--
>Neil MCNGP #30
>.

Neil

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:6ad101c42ed9$92b653e0
$(E-Mail Removed):

> Whoah! Thx for the fast reply!
>
> It was NT 4.0.
>
> I will check the status on the web.
> Again, Thx!

no prob. for additional info send e-mail direct to ms at

Neil MCNGP #30