Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Can't access internet with 32 bit application on x64 system.

Can't access internet with 32 bit application on x64 system.

steadar

Operating system is WinXP Pro 64 bit. AMD Athlon X2. DSL LAN

Internet Explorer 64-bit can access internet and works fine.

Internet Explorer 32-bit can not access internet: 'cannot find server'
and 'page cannot displayed'.

Any 32 bit network traffic doesnt access internet: Firefox,
virusscanner update .....

If I cant update virusscanner I must downgrade to Win XP Pro 32 bit
edition.

How can I enable 32 bit internet access in my x64 world?

I installed an additional ethernet network controller but same problems

as onboard ethernet controller.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

This is usually related to the NVidia firewall.
If you have unadvertedly (or conciously) installed it, please uninstall it
and you'll be ready to go.
The installation must have taken place during the setup of your motherboard
drivers.
This only applies to NForce chipset based motherboards.
MS Windows Firewall is enough for your needs.
Carlos

"steadar" wrote:

> Operating system is WinXP Pro 64 bit. AMD Athlon X2. DSL LAN
>
> Internet Explorer 64-bit can access internet and works fine.
>
> Internet Explorer 32-bit can not access internet: 'cannot find server'
> and 'page cannot displayed'.
>
> Any 32 bit network traffic doesnt access internet: Firefox,
> virusscanner update .....
>

> If I cant update virusscanner I must downgrade to Win XP Pro 32 bit
> edition.
>

> How can I enable 32 bit internet access in my x64 world?
>

> I installed an additional ethernet network controller but same problems
>
> as onboard ethernet controller.

Charlie Russel - MVP

nown problem:
Unfortunately, the built in nVidia firewall product appears to install at
least some portion of itself even if you've never chosen to install it. And
this appears to interfere with 32-bit programs. The solution is to install
the firewall program if it isn't already installed, and then uninstall it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...