Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > account request

account request

harryph

hi all, am working as helpdesk for network with 340 users,
im on my own as the helpdesk having to lo0ok after active
directory, the company has a very high employee turn over,
in the region of 2 people for every job pa, and as a
company is constantly growing, was hoping someone could
help he out with a couple of things, firstly at the moment
when a employee starts one of there colleagues rings me
asking for an account to be setup I always tell them to
email me with there name what access is required, if reads
or write and if email and internet is required and a
description of what they will be used for, I normally get
an email back like so; could you setup a pc account for
John Doe he needs access to warehouse qa and qa doc and
will need email and internet. i would like to be able to
setup something like a template that the employee has to
get filled out and approved by the department manager
before I Evan know there's a new employee started, any
ideas of how i could set this up, was thinking of using an
outlook public folder with a form template posted but evan
then will they be able to fill in this form and send it
without saving changes to the form or deleting it. Anyone
have any better ideas I'm sure there must be a better way
to manage this, thanks all

P.S. have been in the job about 12months have 70-210 and
am going for 290 in week,

Bob Holmes

I've designed Outlook forms to do things like this. The form gets published
to your Organizational Forms Library and everyone will have access to it.
They fill it in and send it. Have your email address hard-coded into the
form, if you want, so that it gets sent directly to you. You can build code
into the form that will save all of the information to a database.
If you can find an Outlook book by Sue Mosher, you'll have it done in no
time.
--
Bob Holmes MCNGP #31

"harryph" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:685801c42ea1$d1359aa0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi all, am working as helpdesk for network with 340 users,
> im on my own as the helpdesk having to lo0ok after active
> directory, the company has a very high employee turn over,
> in the region of 2 people for every job pa, and as a
> company is constantly growing, was hoping someone could
> help he out with a couple of things, firstly at the moment
> when a employee starts one of there colleagues rings me
> asking for an account to be setup I always tell them to
> email me with there name what access is required, if reads
> or write and if email and internet is required and a
> description of what they will be used for, I normally get
> an email back like so; could you setup a pc account for
> John Doe he needs access to warehouse qa and qa doc and
> will need email and internet. i would like to be able to
> setup something like a template that the employee has to
> get filled out and approved by the department manager
> before I Evan know there's a new employee started, any
> ideas of how i could set this up, was thinking of using an
> outlook public folder with a form template posted but evan
> then will they be able to fill in this form and send it
> without saving changes to the form or deleting it. Anyone
> have any better ideas I'm sure there must be a better way
> to manage this, thanks all
>
> P.S. have been in the job about 12months have 70-210 and
> am going for 290 in week,

Andy Foster

"harryph" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:685801c42ea1$d1359aa0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi all, am working as helpdesk for network with 340 users,
> im on my own as the helpdesk having to lo0ok after active
> directory, the company has a very high employee turn over,
> in the region of 2 people for every job pa, and as a
> company is constantly growing, was hoping someone could
> help he out with a couple of things, firstly at the moment
> when a employee starts one of there colleagues rings me
> asking for an account to be setup I always tell them to
> email me with there name what access is required, if reads
> or write and if email and internet is required and a
> description of what they will be used for, I normally get
> an email back like so; could you setup a pc account for
> John Doe he needs access to warehouse qa and qa doc and
> will need email and internet. i would like to be able to
> setup something like a template that the employee has to
> get filled out and approved by the department manager
> before I Evan know there's a new employee started, any
> ideas of how i could set this up, was thinking of using an
> outlook public folder with a form template posted but evan
> then will they be able to fill in this form and send it
> without saving changes to the form or deleting it. Anyone
> have any better ideas I'm sure there must be a better way
> to manage this, thanks all
>
> P.S. have been in the job about 12months have 70-210 and
> am going for 290 in week,

Don't forget to breathe

Neil

"Bob Holmes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:u2DpfpsLEHA.3956
@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl:

start at her website www.slipstick.com (she's great)

--
Neil MCNGP #30

Rowdy Yates

"Andy Foster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:c6tsjs
$g8enp$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de:

> Don't forget to breathe

and close your eyes and stick your finger in the dike.

Rowdy Yates
--
"the man who tried and failed miserably"
--

Ken Briscoe

"Andy Foster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c6tsjs$g8enp$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Don't forget to breathe

Or, alternatively, do.

Oooooooohhhh! Oh no he didn't!

--