Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 64 Bit Support for 865PE-A7 Elite Motherboard

64 Bit Support for 865PE-A7 Elite Motherboard

=?Utf-8?B?TGFzYW5jbXQ=?=

I probably should have known better than to ask advice in the PC World shop,
but I specifically told them I wanted to build a 64 Bit Computer to try out
XP 64 bit and later Vista. They recommended the 865PE-A7 Elite Motherboard
and a Celeron processor, but the Installation CD won't even start and
installing the individual drivers just gave loads of error messages. I now
have audio, but the system seems slow, esspecially internet pages and on
Starting each profile a program called CLI.EXE gives an ominous error
messages . What are the next steps to get this 3 GHZ 64 bit system to be as
quick and responsive as my old 486 PC
Any suggestions appreciated.
Marcus

Charlie Russel - MVP

I have no knowledge about this particular motherboard, but you should be
able to download 64-bit drivers for the 865 chipset off of the Intel site.
Make sure you know which motherboard chipset is in use, and then grab the
drivers. That would be the starting point.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Lasancmt wrote:
> I probably should have known better than to ask advice in the PC World
> shop, but I specifically told them I wanted to build a 64 Bit Computer to
> try out XP 64 bit and later Vista. They recommended the 865PE-A7 Elite
> Motherboard and a Celeron processor, but the Installation CD won't even
> start and installing the individual drivers just gave loads of error
> messages. I now have audio, but the system seems slow, esspecially
> internet pages and on Starting each profile a program called CLI.EXE
> gives an ominous error messages . What are the next steps to get this 3
> GHZ 64 bit system to be as quick and responsive as my old 486 PC
> Any suggestions appreciated.
> Marcus

Nut Cracker

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have no knowledge about this particular motherboard, but you should be
>able to download 64-bit drivers for the 865 chipset off of the Intel site.
>Make sure you know which motherboard chipset is in use, and then grab the
>drivers. That would be the starting point.

are there 64bit celerons?

Charlie Russel - MVP

I honestly don't know. But I'm assuming there are, since there are certainly
64bit entry level processors in the AMD line.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Nut Cracker wrote:
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have no knowledge about this particular motherboard, but you should be
>> able to download 64-bit drivers for the 865 chipset off of the Intel
>> site. Make sure you know which motherboard chipset is in use, and then
>> grab the drivers. That would be the starting point.
>>

> are there 64bit celerons?

Jane C

I *think* that the Celeron D series are 64 bit.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I honestly don't know. But I'm assuming there are, since there are
>certainly 64bit entry level processors in the AMD line.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>

> Nut Cracker wrote:
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I have no knowledge about this particular motherboard, but you should be
>>> able to download 64-bit drivers for the 865 chipset off of the Intel
>>> site. Make sure you know which motherboard chipset is in use, and then
>>> grab the drivers. That would be the starting point.
>>>

>> are there 64bit celerons?

Mark Gillespie

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 22:53:06 +0100, Lasancmt
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I probably should have known better than to ask advice in the PC World
> shop,
> but I specifically told them I wanted to build a 64 Bit Computer to try
> out
> XP 64 bit and later Vista. They recommended the 865PE-A7 Elite
> Motherboard
> and a Celeron processor, but the Installation CD won't even start and
> installing the individual drivers just gave loads of error messages. I
> now
> have audio, but the system seems slow, esspecially internet pages and on
> Starting each profile a program called CLI.EXE gives an ominous error
> messages . What are the next steps to get this 3 GHZ 64 bit system to
> be as
> quick and responsive as my old 486 PC
> Any suggestions appreciated.
> Marcus

You don't say which Celeron you have, but I don't think any of the Celeron
chips support EMT-64.

If you can get a CPU code of the side of the box, we maybe able to advise
better...

Jane C

Some processors in the Celeron D series have EM64T support.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
news(E-Mail Removed)...