Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > IIS Administration

IIS Administration

=?Utf-8?B?UGhvbmUgZGlhbGVy?=

Hello,

I have a Windows XP Professional system which is connected to Domain Windows
2000 Server. I have installed IIS in Windows XP Professional system. But the
domain user can't see any directory when he runs IIS. For working he has to
be in Administrative group. I can't give administrative rights to the domain
user due to security reason. Is there any way I can remove the domain user
from administrative group and give access to him for running IIS?

Please help me.

Geo

Nut Cracker

try asking in an IIS group.

"Phone dialer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I have a Windows XP Professional system which is connected to Domain
> Windows
> 2000 Server. I have installed IIS in Windows XP Professional system. But
> the
> domain user can't see any directory when he runs IIS. For working he has
> be in Administrative group. I can't give administrative rights to the
> domain
> user due to security reason. Is there any way I can remove the domain user
> from administrative group and give access to him for running IIS?
>
> Please help me.
>
> Geo

Charlie Russel - MVP

You can provide sufficient privileges for the user to do what s/he needs to
do, but for details of how to do it, I'd suggest you ask in
microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.security

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64