Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Cannot install Windows

Cannot install Windows

=?Utf-8?B?bGlhbWpvaW50?=

I have formatted my friends hard drive (I see you smiling already!) to
reinstall windows (as I have 100s of times on my computer due to viruses etc)
but this time when I try to reinstall, everything works fine until after the
files have been copied to install windows and the installation starts, it
gives the blue screen and different features of XP and carries on from 39
minutes until it starts "installing devices" The process gets about 2/3 of
the way and the stops with 34 mins to go with a full blue screen and ***STOP
Message as follows: -

***STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0XF94AC953, 0XFA2F7774, 0XFA2F7470)
***S3gnbm.sys - Address F94AC953 base at F949A000, DateStamp 3ed1acdc

I have tried everything, I deleted the stated driver (S3gnbm.sys) which is
for a S3 Savage video card of some sort which came in the factory standard HP
Pavilion 720.nl and have tried replacing it with updated drivers etc but all
is difficult as I am not actually running windows as it wont install!! I have
also searched EVERYWHERE on the net and have only found similar problems but
usually from people with windows already installed so they can easily fix it
by changing a driver or setting, This is just totally stupid and I have
pretty much given up, unless anyone can help, the PC is going out the window!!

Colin Barnhorst

When you search the Microsoft knowledge base on "34 min" the top article
addresses your issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828267/en-us

news:(E-Mail Removed)...