Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows Update for Windows XP Professional

Windows Update for Windows XP Professional

=?Utf-8?B?SmFjayBOLiBIb3BraW5z?=

I am having trouble with Windows Update. First, my computer informed me that
I do not have Windows Installer on my computer anywhere. Then, Windows
Update won't allow me to update because Windows Installer is missing. I get
an error number: 0XC8000643. Can anyone tell me what to do about this?
--
Jack N. Hopkins

Guru

Better way - don't upgrade

John Barnes

Microsoft KB doesn't have anything on this error but does suggest 0x80070643
which has a number of updated related problems you could scan and see if any
may relate. Google returns several of yours but nothing solved. ALL seem
to relate to Server, so are your running x64 server. Might help someone
else to better reply.

"Jack N. Hopkins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am having trouble with Windows Update. First, my computer informed me
>that
> I do not have Windows Installer on my computer anywhere. Then, Windows
> Update won't allow me to update because Windows Installer is missing. I
> get
> an error number: 0XC8000643. Can anyone tell me what to do about this?
> --
> Jack N. Hopkins

John Barnes

Sorry missed the version in your heading. Did you install the installer?
When you went to update, did you get your message right after it searched
for the current version of Windows updating software?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...