Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ASP.NET can not be found in the Application Server applet

ASP.NET can not be found in the Application Server applet

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tIEhvYW5n?=

I just recently installed Win2k3R2/64. I also installed AD but when I tried
to enable ASP.NET to prepare for Exchange 2k3, the option is not available in
both the Wizard as well as the Controll Panel/Application Server screen.

Does anyone know of a way out

Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Tom Hoang wrote:

>I just recently installed Win2k3R2/64. I also installed AD but when I
>tried
>to enable ASP.NET to prepare for Exchange 2k3, the option is not available
>in
>both the Wizard as well as the Controll Panel/Application Server screen.

IIS is not installed by default.

ASP.Net is classified as a component of IIS, and cannot be installed
without IIS.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

Nut Cracker

Also, if you are running the 32bit version of exchange, it wont run on x64.

- NuTs

"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Tom Hoang wrote:
>
>>I just recently installed Win2k3R2/64. I also installed AD but when I
>>tried
>>to enable ASP.NET to prepare for Exchange 2k3, the option is not available
>>in
>>both the Wizard as well as the Controll Panel/Application Server screen.

> IIS is not installed by default.
>
> ASP.Net is classified as a component of IIS, and cannot be installed
> without IIS.
>
> --
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

=?Utf-8?B?VG9tIEhvYW5n?=

Hey Thanks. The moment I posted the question I realized what the problem was.

Sheepishly......