Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > installing

installing

=?Utf-8?B?SGVuaw==?=

I have a 64 bits computer but Vista RC1 installed as 32 bits
--
Henk E

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

Download the 64-bit Vista (x64) and install.

--
Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
Core 2 Extreme X6800

"Henk" wrote:

> I have a 64 bits computer but Vista RC1 installed as 32 bits
> --
> Henk E

Charlie Russel - MVP

There are two separate versions of Vista RC1 - 32-bit and 64-bit. Both will
work just fine on an x64 computer, so there's nothing wrong with running it
in 32-bit mode. Frankly, the driver support is still better in 32-bit. But
that being said, if you want to run in 64bit mode, you'll need to make sure
you download the 64bit version. It's easy to tell them apart - the 64bit is

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
"Henk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a 64 bits computer but Vista RC1 installed as 32 bits
> --
> Henk E

=?Utf-8?B?cm9iOTM2MzU=?=

I downloaded the 64bit version because i have an amd 64 3200, but it will not
install. It stops while it is booting up. It says the hardware is not poroper
or i unplugged a usb while it was loading, but i didn't I this on an ide and
a sata with the same result.

John Barnes

Try unplugging all your USB except the keyboard and mouse if you are using
those

"rob93635" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I downloaded the 64bit version because i have an amd 64 3200, but it will
>not
> install. It stops while it is booting up. It says the hardware is not
> poroper
> or i unplugged a usb while it was loading, but i didn't I this on an ide
> and
> a sata with the same result.

=?Utf-8?B?cm9iOTM2MzU=?=

"John Barnes" wrote:
Nothing is plugged into the usb ports. I have a Nvidia 6600 in my pci-E, and
a soundblaster audigy in my pci. I have my ethernet plugged in also. Those
are the only things plugged in.