Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Monitor doesn't sleep in Vista x64

Monitor doesn't sleep in Vista x64

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Monitor: LCD LG1740B
Video: NVidia 6600 (no GT)
Mobo: ASUS A8N-SLI
OS: Vista x64
Drivers: Nvidia rc1's (96.33)
Problem: Monitor is always on, though power settings ask for it to go to
sleep after 20 min.
Any suggestions?
Carlos

Charlie Russel - MVP

It could be pretty much anything that is making it think it's still busy.
I'd try lowering the time down and then watching to see what might be
causing it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Monitor: LCD LG1740B
> Video: NVidia 6600 (no GT)
> Mobo: ASUS A8N-SLI
> OS: Vista x64
> Drivers: Nvidia rc1's (96.33)
> Problem: Monitor is always on, though power settings ask for it to go to
> sleep after 20 min.
> Any suggestions?
> Carlos

Mark W Scheidell

What kind of mouse do you have attached to the system?

My MS Wireless 6000 is what is preventing Vista from initiating the screen
saver and being able to stay asleep.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It could be pretty much anything that is making it think it's still busy.
> I'd try lowering the time down and then watching to see what might be
> causing it.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Monitor: LCD LG1740B
>> Video: NVidia 6600 (no GT)
>> Mobo: ASUS A8N-SLI
>> OS: Vista x64
>> Drivers: Nvidia rc1's (96.33)
>> Problem: Monitor is always on, though power settings ask for it to go to
>> sleep after 20 min.
>> Any suggestions?
>> Carlos

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Mark:
I've got the same mouse.
How can I work it out?
Carlos

"Mark W Scheidell" wrote:

> What kind of mouse do you have attached to the system?
>
> My MS Wireless 6000 is what is preventing Vista from initiating the screen
> saver and being able to stay asleep.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > It could be pretty much anything that is making it think it's still busy.
> > I'd try lowering the time down and then watching to see what might be
> > causing it.
> >
> > --
> > Charlie.
> > http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
> > "Carlos" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Monitor: LCD LG1740B
> >> Video: NVidia 6600 (no GT)
> >> Mobo: ASUS A8N-SLI
> >> OS: Vista x64
> >> Drivers: Nvidia rc1's (96.33)
> >> Problem: Monitor is always on, though power settings ask for it to go to
> >> sleep after 20 min.
> >> Any suggestions?
> >> Carlos

Mark W Scheidell

There is no work around at this time. At least not that I've been able to
find.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...