Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Does someone know if there is a good, working antivirus and firewa

Does someone know if there is a good, working antivirus and firewa

=?Utf-8?B?U3VwYUJlYXN0?=

Does someone know if there is a good, working antivirus and firewall to
windows xp x64?
I don't like the windows firewall and want another, and i still haven't
found an antvirus program that works, but not eat a lot of ram (not good for
gaming, if they do..)

John Barnes

AVG has a firewall A/V package

"SupaBeast" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does someone know if there is a good, working antivirus and firewall to
> windows xp x64?
> I don't like the windows firewall and want another, and i still haven't
> found an antvirus program that works, but not eat a lot of ram (not good
> for
> gaming, if they do..)

Jane C

Avast 4.7 Home Edition is free for personal use and works extremely well on
XP x64.
Windows Firewall is ok. Avoid Zone Alarm until they actually get their act
together for x64.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
"SupaBeast" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does someone know if there is a good, working antivirus and firewall to
> windows xp x64?
> I don't like the windows firewall and want another, and i still haven't
> found an antvirus program that works, but not eat a lot of ram (not good
> for
> gaming, if they do..)

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZSBTYW5zb25l?=

I just installed the Beta Version of Pc cillin and it works fine.
http://betadownload.trendmicro.com/p...VistaBeta2.exe

"SupaBeast" wrote:

> Does someone know if there is a good, working antivirus and firewall to
> windows xp x64?
> I don't like the windows firewall and want another, and i still haven't
> found an antvirus program that works, but not eat a lot of ram (not good for
> gaming, if they do..)

=?Utf-8?B?U3VwYUJlYXN0?=

Woho, thank you Free stuff is what i need As i did pay my last money on
this os hehe. And thank you, others, that did answer

"Jane C" wrote:

> Avast 4.7 Home Edition is free for personal use and works extremely well on
> XP x64.
> Windows Firewall is ok. Avoid Zone Alarm until they actually get their act
> together for x64.
>
> --
> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
> "SupaBeast" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Does someone know if there is a good, working antivirus and firewall to
> > windows xp x64?
> > I don't like the windows firewall and want another, and i still haven't
> > found an antvirus program that works, but not eat a lot of ram (not good
> > for
> > gaming, if they do..)

John Barnes

AVG also has a free A/V, but doesn't include your Firewall either.

"SupaBeast" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Woho, thank you Free stuff is what i need As i did pay my last money
> on
> this os hehe. And thank you, others, that did answer
>
> "Jane C" wrote:
>
>> Avast 4.7 Home Edition is free for personal use and works extremely well
>> on
>> XP x64.
>> Windows Firewall is ok. Avoid Zone Alarm until they actually get their
>> act
>> together for x64.
>>
>> --
>> Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled
>> Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation
>> "SupaBeast" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Does someone know if there is a good, working antivirus and firewall to
>> > windows xp x64?
>> > I don't like the windows firewall and want another, and i still haven't
>> > found an antvirus program that works, but not eat a lot of ram (not
>> > good
>> > for
>> > gaming, if they do..)

Homer J. Simpson

> AVG also has a free A/V, but doesn't include your Firewall either.

AFAIK, AVG's free antivirus only works under Win32. Did that change?

John Barnes

I am using AVG Free in x64 and Vista86. In Vista, the updates get halted by
UAC requiring the clicking on 4 panels (real pain) but it does update and
work. Avast works fine on both systems, but on Vista I had to manually
update it initially, but after the last program update it works as on x64
with automatic updates and no UAC problems

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> AVG also has a free A/V, but doesn't include your Firewall either.

> AFAIK, AVG's free antivirus only works under Win32. Did that change?

Zapper

Have you bugged the fact that you have to click on 4 tabs to get 1 action
taken care of?
I have turned off UAC after multiple suggestions/complaints/reports all got
closed as "by design".

It was a good idea...just a terrible implementation.

news:eefPE%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am using AVG Free in x64 and Vista86. In Vista, the updates get halted
>by UAC requiring the clicking on 4 panels (real pain) but it does update
>and work. Avast works fine on both systems, but on Vista I had to manually
>update it initially, but after the last program update it works as on x64
>with automatic updates and no UAC problems
>

> "Homer J. Simpson" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> AVG also has a free A/V, but doesn't include your Firewall either.

>> AFAIK, AVG's free antivirus only works under Win32. Did that change?

John Barnes

I agree. The user should be able to determine that a process should always
be allowed.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...