Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Error message when booting

Error message when booting

=?Utf-8?B?QW5keV8xOTgx?=

I have trouble installing Vista 64 RC1
After burning the DVD whith Nero 7 i try to boot with the DVD, i get the
message Press any key to boot fron CD, but when i press a key, i get the
error NTDLR is missing....

I have tried to burn the DVD with two different burners and two different
burner programs.

What shal i do?

=?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=

You did burn the .ISO, didn´t you?

--
Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
Core 2 Extreme X6800

"Andy_1981" wrote:

> I have trouble installing Vista 64 RC1
> After burning the DVD whith Nero 7 i try to boot with the DVD, i get the
> message Press any key to boot fron CD, but when i press a key, i get the
> error NTDLR is missing....
>
> I have tried to burn the DVD with two different burners and two different
> burner programs.
>
> What shal i do?

=?Utf-8?B?QW5keV8xOTgx?=

I used the Burn Image selection in the recorder menu in Nero 7 to burn, i
did'nt brun the ISO directly on the disk

"Maratonmannen" wrote:

> You did burn the .ISO, didn´t you?
>
> --
> Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
> Core 2 Extreme X6800
> RAPTOR 2x150 GB RAID 0 (ICH7R)
> 4GB DDR2 800MHz
> GeForce 7800GTX (91.47)
> Samsung 24"
> Enermax 660W 35A@+12V
> LAN 100/100
>

> "Andy_1981" wrote:
>
> > I have trouble installing Vista 64 RC1
> > After burning the DVD whith Nero 7 i try to boot with the DVD, i get the
> > message Press any key to boot fron CD, but when i press a key, i get the
> > error NTDLR is missing....
> >
> > I have tried to burn the DVD with two different burners and two different
> > burner programs.
> >
> > What shal i do?

Charlie Russel - MVP

This is most likely a bad download or a bad burn. Of the two, I'd strongly
suspect a bad download, but given that it's such a pain to download Vista,
I'd try one more burn, just in case. Close all other applications that are
running before the burn, and turn on verification of the burn. And try
slowing the speed down to 1/2 the maximum speed of your drive. If that
doesn't work? Time to re-download the ISO.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
"Andy_1981" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I used the Burn Image selection in the recorder menu in Nero 7 to burn, i
> did'nt brun the ISO directly on the disk
>
> "Maratonmannen" wrote:
>
>> You did burn the .ISO, didn´t you?
>>
>> --
>> Asus P5WDG2 WS Pro (i975X Express)
>> Core 2 Extreme X6800
>> RAPTOR 2x150 GB RAID 0 (ICH7R)
>> 4GB DDR2 800MHz
>> GeForce 7800GTX (91.47)
>> Samsung 24"
>> Enermax 660W 35A@+12V
>> LAN 100/100
>>

>> "Andy_1981" wrote:
>>
>> > I have trouble installing Vista 64 RC1
>> > After burning the DVD whith Nero 7 i try to boot with the DVD, i get
>> > the
>> > message Press any key to boot fron CD, but when i press a key, i get
>> > the
>> > error NTDLR is missing....
>> >
>> > I have tried to burn the DVD with two different burners and two
>> > different
>> > burner programs.
>> >
>> > What shal i do?

Shirley Daugherty

Did you make sure your first boot device was set to CD-ROM? If not you will
get the error you mentioned.

Andre Da Costa

You might want to check the integrity of the ISO you downloaded:
Windows Vista BETA 2 Ultimate Edition MD5 and CRC Values Information:

x86
- File Size = 2.5 GB
MD5 hash: 22486e815a38feffd9667317dfeec55a
SHA1 hash: e00b4ebbc81fb420cf047973b95a9cfb7cdf51b7

x64
- File Size = 3.6 GB
MD5 hash: f3a385aae6e4dea9226e31d9f1148b56
SHA1 hash: 8e4de7a72c828a3543ff1663243eb0836da07eea
--
http://adacosta.live.spaces.com
I use the Ahead NERO MD5 Verifier:

"Andy_1981" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have trouble installing Vista 64 RC1
> After burning the DVD whith Nero 7 i try to boot with the DVD, i get the
> message Press any key to boot fron CD, but when i press a key, i get the
> error NTDLR is missing....
>
> I have tried to burn the DVD with two different burners and two different
> burner programs.
>
> What shal i do?

=?Utf-8?B?QW5keV8xOTgx?=

Hi
The problem was that my internal DVD players/burners is a bit old, and shoud
be replaced, when i used my external Sony DVD burner to boot with, it worked
OK.

Now im running Vista X64, and evrything works fine.