Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Speaker Compatibility

Speaker Compatibility

=?Utf-8?B?Wmh1Ymlu?=

Ever since I replaced the home edition with professional, this new OS doesn't
recognize my speakers, my PC is a Compaq Presario, and the speaker name is
JVM or JBM I think, because I don't have them in front of me now, the speaker
names are not listed in this OS, and the speakers are on and every once in a
while buzz for a second before disappointing me again, I looked under hidden
devices but I couldn't find them, the OS acts as if they don't exist.
Is there a driver for them? is there an issue with the dual mode
digital/analog thing? should I have the manufacturers submit their driver to
Compaq? How can I get them to work?

Thank You.

Bruce Chambers

Zhubin wrote:
> Ever since I replaced the home edition with professional, this new OS doesn't
> recognize my speakers, my PC is a Compaq Presario, and the speaker name is
> JVM or JBM I think, because I don't have them in front of me now, the speaker
> names are not listed in this OS, and the speakers are on and every once in a
> while buzz for a second before disappointing me again, I looked under hidden
> devices but I couldn't find them, the OS acts as if they don't exist.
> Is there a driver for them? is there an issue with the dual mode
> digital/analog thing? should I have the manufacturers submit their driver to
> Compaq? How can I get them to work?
>
> Thank You.

There is no possible "speaker compatibility" issue, provided that they
have the proper plug for connecting to the PC's sound card.

Does your computer have a sound card installed? What happens when
you download and install the WinXP-specific audio drivers, as provided
by your sound card's manufacturer? Do you have speakers correctly
connected to the sound card? Do the speakers require a separate power
source and, if so, are they plugged in and turned on?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

DP

I'm willing to bet the problem is the interaction between the OS and the
sound card; not between the OS and the speakers.
As the other poster has said, there are no drivers for the speakers. You
plug them in and they do not have to show up under devices. And they won't.

"Zhubin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ever since I replaced the home edition with professional, this new OS
> doesn't
> recognize my speakers, my PC is a Compaq Presario, and the speaker name is
> JVM or JBM I think, because I don't have them in front of me now, the
> speaker
> names are not listed in this OS, and the speakers are on and every once in
> while buzz for a second before disappointing me again, I looked under
> hidden
> devices but I couldn't find them, the OS acts as if they don't exist.
> Is there a driver for them? is there an issue with the dual mode
> digital/analog thing? should I have the manufacturers submit their driver
> Compaq? How can I get them to work?
>
> Thank You.

Tony Sperling

I suggest you check your BIOS Setup and see if the motherboard sound is
enabled. If you have an expansion sound-card, the MB sound has to be
disabled!!!

Tony. . .