Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > tuner card

tuner card

frannie

I have a Terminator TV tuner card. It is installing ok but when running its
software a message appears "interface not supported". I have an Intel Cre 2
Duo. On a P4 it installed and worked perfectly. What semms to be the problem?

Jud Hendrix

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 08:56:43 GMT, "frannie" <u26299@uwe> wrote:

>I have a Terminator TV tuner card. It is installing ok but when running its
>software a message appears "interface not supported". I have an Intel Cre 2
>Duo. On a P4 it installed and worked perfectly. What semms to be the problem?

Does it have 64-bit drivers?

frannie

Jud Hendrix wrote:
>>I have a Terminator TV tuner card. It is installing ok but when running its
>>software a message appears "interface not supported". I have an Intel Cre 2
>>Duo. On a P4 it installed and worked perfectly. What semms to be the problem?

>Does it have 64-bit drivers?

No it doesn't

Jud Hendrix

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 09:13:24 GMT, "frannie" <u26299@uwe> wrote:

>Jud Hendrix wrote:
>>>I have a Terminator TV tuner card. It is installing ok but when running its
>>>software a message appears "interface not supported". I have an Intel Cre 2
>>>Duo. On a P4 it installed and worked perfectly. What semms to be the problem?

>>Does it have 64-bit drivers?

>No it doesn't

Don't want to be picky, but you posted in the wrong group :-B
This one deals with Windows 64-bit problems, uhm pardon, challenges

Anyway, see if you have the latest drivers for your card, and sometimes the
computer-hardware can have changed too much so your card won't run at all,
so have a look in the KB at the manufacturer's website.

jud

=?Utf-8?B?VGluIFRpbiBEZW8=?=

I would argue that a lack of 64-bit support for hardware IS a 64-bit
problem/challenge. (I mean, if not here, then where else?)

At any rate, I would suggest giving the planetamd64.com forums a search;
there's a chance that someone's developed at least a beta driver that
supports your tuner chipset. From there you -might- need a 3rd party
application like MystTV or SageTV, but tuner/capture cards are a little
outside of my immediate sphere of knowledge. Best of luck getting it to work
in x64.

"Jud Hendrix" wrote:

> >>Does it have 64-bit drivers?

> >No it doesn't

> Don't want to be picky, but you posted in the wrong group :-B
> This one deals with Windows 64-bit problems, uhm pardon, challenges
>
> Anyway, see if you have the latest drivers for your card, and sometimes the
> computer-hardware can have changed too much so your card won't run at all,
> so have a look in the KB at the manufacturer's website.
>
> jud

frannie via WindowsKB.com

I think I know what the problem is. The card is PCI 2.2 compliant while the
motherboard manual says that the slots are PCI 2.3 compliant. Can this be the
prolem?