Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Re: Roxio Launches Easy Media Creator 9 with x64 support

Re: Roxio Launches Easy Media Creator 9 with x64 support

Colin Barnhorst

EMC8 supports x64.

"GPPower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Roxio Launches Easy Media Creator 9 with x64 support
>
> http://www.roxio.com/enu/company/press/06_09_05_pr.html
>
> http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/cr.../overview.html

DP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> EMC8 supports x64.

Yes. I've been using it for months. I don't use it a lot, but I have not
come up against any problems in x64.

Larry Hodges

I use version 8 without issue, with the execption of BackupMyPc.

However, I have been using PCBackup by StompSoft. About $40, works fine in
x64, supports DAT and does open file backup. According to a tech at Roxio
last week, BackupMyPC still does not support open file backup...a big issue
for my clients. So many of them leave Outlook open and their PST file
doesn't get backed up.

http://www.stompsoft.com/pc-backup/pc-backup.html

FWIW, I highly recommend it.

-Larry

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> EMC8 supports x64.
>
> "GPPower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Roxio Launches Easy Media Creator 9 with x64 support
>>
>> http://www.roxio.com/enu/company/press/06_09_05_pr.html
>>
>> http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/cr.../overview.html

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=

Roxio touts that its version 9 is Vista compatible. Can anyone confirm
whether version 8 or 9 is working with Vista64 RC1 or Vista32 RC1?

"Larry Hodges" wrote:

> I use version 8 without issue, with the execption of BackupMyPc.
>
> However, I have been using PCBackup by StompSoft. About $40, works fine in
> x64, supports DAT and does open file backup. According to a tech at Roxio
> last week, BackupMyPC still does not support open file backup...a big issue
> for my clients. So many of them leave Outlook open and their PST file
> doesn't get backed up.
>
> http://www.stompsoft.com/pc-backup/pc-backup.html
>
> FWIW, I highly recommend it.
>
> -Larry

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > EMC8 supports x64.
> >
> > "GPPower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Roxio Launches Easy Media Creator 9 with x64 support
> >>
> >> http://www.roxio.com/enu/company/press/06_09_05_pr.html
> >>
> >> http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/cr.../overview.html

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=

Can anyone confirm whether Roxio version 8 or 9 is working with Vista RC1, 32
and/or 64 bit versions?

"Larry Hodges" wrote:

> I use version 8 without issue, with the execption of BackupMyPc.
>
> However, I have been using PCBackup by StompSoft. About $40, works fine in
> x64, supports DAT and does open file backup. According to a tech at Roxio
> last week, BackupMyPC still does not support open file backup...a big issue
> for my clients. So many of them leave Outlook open and their PST file
> doesn't get backed up.
>
> http://www.stompsoft.com/pc-backup/pc-backup.html
>
> FWIW, I highly recommend it.
>
> -Larry

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > EMC8 supports x64.
> >
> > "GPPower" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Roxio Launches Easy Media Creator 9 with x64 support
> >>
> >> http://www.roxio.com/enu/company/press/06_09_05_pr.html
> >>
> >> http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/cr.../overview.html

awcooper@gmail.com

I just tried. No go. Error: 03F2.80070005