Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Backup error message

Backup error message

=?Utf-8?B?VGVycmk=?=

Hi everyone! I'm trying to do my first ever backup onto a CD (E drive) but
no matter what file name I choose I always get the error message saying "
Back up file name
could not be used ensure valid path and sufficient access." The path it
displays is ok E:\mycomputerbackup.bkf...any suggestions? Also, I don't
know if it helps to know, but I have Nero for a cd burner. I really
appreciate any help.

Charlie Russel - MVP

You don't specify, but if you're using NTBackup, it will not directly
support writing to CD. The only way you can do that is to run packet writing
software that makes the CD look like a regular file system. Unfortunately,
none of those work in x64 Edition.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
"Terri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi everyone! I'm trying to do my first ever backup onto a CD (E drive)
> but
> no matter what file name I choose I always get the error message saying "
> Back up file name
> could not be used ensure valid path and sufficient access." The path it
> displays is ok E:\mycomputerbackup.bkf...any suggestions? Also, I don't
> know if it helps to know, but I have Nero for a cd burner. I really
> appreciate any help.

John Barnes

Drag-to-disk works in EasyMedia 8 and 9. The included backup program does
not in 8. You can use the NTBackup to write to the CD.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You don't specify, but if you're using NTBackup, it will not directly
> support writing to CD. The only way you can do that is to run packet
> writing software that makes the CD look like a regular file system.
> Unfortunately, none of those work in x64 Edition.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64
> "Terri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi everyone! I'm trying to do my first ever backup onto a CD (E drive)
>> but
>> no matter what file name I choose I always get the error message saying "
>> Back up file name
>> could not be used ensure valid path and sufficient access." The path it
>> displays is ok E:\mycomputerbackup.bkf...any suggestions? Also, I don't
>> know if it helps to know, but I have Nero for a cd burner. I really
>> appreciate any help.

John Barnes

A word of caution, I have tried it with a small file, I don't know if it
will span CD's (DVD's), but sort of doubt it.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...