Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Win XP Pro x64 Software Compatiblility List - Informal Short List

Win XP Pro x64 Software Compatiblility List - Informal Short List

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

This is a short-list of software I am using under x64.

3dMark 2001SE
AAA Logo 1.20
Ad-Aware 1.06r1
Americas Army 2.6.0
AVG Anti-Virus 7.1.405 (firewall seems buggy under x64)
AVS Audio Tools 4.1.5.205 (Dont install the WMA addon when prompted for any
of the AVS products)
AVS Disc Creator 2.1.5.100
AVS DVD Player 2.1.3.203
AVS Video Tools 5.3.1.440
Batch File Renamer 2.5.1
Battlefield 2 1.3
CCleaner 1.32.345
CDisplay 1.8.1.0 (Comic Book Reader)
Daemon Tools 4.03HE (Directly supports x64)
Driver Cleaner Pro 1.2 Build 27 (Vendor says supporst x64, gives error but
seems to work)
DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0
DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15
Everest Ultimate Editon 3.0.1.652
Image Burn 2.0.0.0
ImageTool Burn 1.2.1
Movie Collector Pro 4.10 build 5
Mozilla Firefox 1.5.0.6
Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5.0.5 (20060719)
MP3 Splitter & Joiner 3.0
MP3tag v2.36a
NewsReactor
PowerISO 3.2
RealPlayer Enterprise 6.0.11.1801
SpeedFan 4.28
Spybot Search and Destroy 1.4
Spyware Blaster 3.5.1
TeamSpeak 2 2.0.32.60
Titan Quest 1.08
TribalWeb.Net 2.03
uTorrent 1.6
Ventrilo 2.3.2 Beta 3
VLC Media Player 0.8.5
WinAMP 5.24
WinNC.Net
WinZip Pro 10.0 (6685)

--
Whenever you think you are having a bad day, just remember it could be you
saying over and over again: "Welcome to MacDonalds, may I take your order

Martijn Saly

DeathNACan wrote:
> This is a short-list of software I am using under x64.
>

> 3dMark 2001SE
> AAA Logo 1.20
> WinNC.Net
> WinZip Pro 10.0 (6685)

That's a list of (mostly) 32-bit software. The trick is to find x64
software, and more importantly x64 drivers.

But don't list it here, planetamd64.com is an excellent resource. Also for
Intel users

--
Thanks,

Martijn Saly

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

Granted that most apps are indeed x86 based; however, I thought that the OS
community could help itself by sharing here at the OS forum site this kind of
information. Since this is a Microsoft Forum devoted to Windows XP Pro x64
it seemed to me the most appropiate place for this kind of information to be.
It seems to me that we as a community should be sharing this information in
the first place we should be looking for it.
--

"Martijn Saly" wrote:

> DeathNACan wrote:
> > This is a short-list of software I am using under x64.
> >

> > 3dMark 2001SE
> > AAA Logo 1.20
> > WinNC.Net
> > WinZip Pro 10.0 (6685)

> That's a list of (mostly) 32-bit software. The trick is to find x64
> software, and more importantly x64 drivers.
>
> But don't list it here, planetamd64.com is an excellent resource. Also for
> Intel users
>
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Martijn Saly

Colin Barnhorst

I think the point is that the posting soon scrolls off the bottom of the
screen. An ng is not suitable for keeping persistent lists. That is why
PlanetAMD works better.

"DeathNACan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Granted that most apps are indeed x86 based; however, I thought that the
> OS
> community could help itself by sharing here at the OS forum site this kind
> of
> information. Since this is a Microsoft Forum devoted to Windows XP Pro
> x64
> it seemed to me the most appropiate place for this kind of information to
> be.
> It seems to me that we as a community should be sharing this information
> in
> the first place we should be looking for it.
> --
> Whenever you think you are having a bad day, just remember it could be you
> saying over and over again: "Welcome to MacDonalds, may I take your order
> please?"
>

> "Martijn Saly" wrote:
>
>> DeathNACan wrote:
>> > This is a short-list of software I am using under x64.
>> >

>> > 3dMark 2001SE
>> > AAA Logo 1.20
>> > WinNC.Net
>> > WinZip Pro 10.0 (6685)

>> That's a list of (mostly) 32-bit software. The trick is to find x64
>> software, and more importantly x64 drivers.
>>
>> But don't list it here, planetamd64.com is an excellent resource. Also
>> for
>> Intel users
>>
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Martijn Saly

John Barnes

There are several sites devoted to this information. This newsgroup is not
the place.