Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Why is my Vista beta running in 32-bit?

Why is my Vista beta running in 32-bit?

=?Utf-8?B?TWFydGlu?=

Hi,

I just bought a new computer and have loaded Vista Beta 2 that I downloaded
a few months ago now that I have a machine that will optimally run it.

I've got an nVidia GeForce 7600 card and went to their site to download the
Vista Beta 2 driver, which I did. Upon running the thing, it told me I had
to be running Vista in 64-bit and not 32-bit before I could install the
driver. So I went and checked the System settings in Control Panel and, sure
enough, it said it was operating at 32-bit.

What gives? I just bought an AMD Athlon 64 4200+ AM2 X2 processer and Asus
M2N-SLI Deluxe motherboard!

Any ideas?

Colin Barnhorst

Where did you get your copy of Vista? Which build is it? Build 5384 (the
CPP release) comes in both x86 and x64 editions. The most recent release to
TechBeta, build 5536, was only released in the x86 edition.

You have to install the x64 edition of Vista to get 64bits. If you
downloaded your copy of Vista you downloaded the x86 edition. If you wanted
the x64 edition you may have to wait until RC1 is released since the
download site for the CPP is closed until then.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...