Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Nero 7.2.7.0 is out

Nero 7.2.7.0 is out

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

Nero 7.2.7.0 is out. It seems to run fine under x64 except for Nero Home. I
dont use it and have stopped installing it. I was getting an errors from
Nero Home when I opened Nero Burning Rom. If you dont install it, you dont
get them. The new version seems to burn well enough using a SATA Plextor 12x
burner on x64 with an SATA HD installed.

Please post if you have any notworthy problems with this version of Nero on
x64.

--
Whenever you think you are having a bad day, just remember it could be you
saying over and over again: "Welcome to MacDonalds, may I take your order

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Good post.
Just install only what you need.
No Nero Scout, no Nero Backit Up, no Nero Home.
Keeps your system running with no errors.
BTW, are you having audio skips when burning audio CD's from mp3's?

Carlos
P.S.: A newer Nero 7.5 is hanging around in you-know-what-I-mean sites.

"DeathNACan" wrote:

> Nero 7.2.7.0 is out. It seems to run fine under x64 except for Nero Home. I
> dont use it and have stopped installing it. I was getting an errors from
> Nero Home when I opened Nero Burning Rom. If you dont install it, you dont
> get them. The new version seems to burn well enough using a SATA Plextor 12x
> burner on x64 with an SATA HD installed.
>
> Please post if you have any notworthy problems with this version of Nero on
> x64.
>
> --
> Whenever you think you are having a bad day, just remember it could be you
> saying over and over again: "Welcome to MacDonalds, may I take your order
> please?"

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

Ok don't laught buy I am using Windows Media Player 10 and it works great.
In fact, did exactly that today. Made a custom 80's music CD from some mp3
files I had so I don't get skips.

--

"Carlos" wrote:

> Good post.
> Just install only what you need.
> No Nero Scout, no Nero Backit Up, no Nero Home.
> Keeps your system running with no errors.
> BTW, are you having audio skips when burning audio CD's from mp3's?
>
> Carlos
> P.S.: A newer Nero 7.5 is hanging around in you-know-what-I-mean sites.
>
> "DeathNACan" wrote:
>
> > Nero 7.2.7.0 is out. It seems to run fine under x64 except for Nero Home. I
> > dont use it and have stopped installing it. I was getting an errors from
> > Nero Home when I opened Nero Burning Rom. If you dont install it, you dont
> > get them. The new version seems to burn well enough using a SATA Plextor 12x
> > burner on x64 with an SATA HD installed.
> >
> > Please post if you have any notworthy problems with this version of Nero on
> > x64.
> >
> > --
> > Whenever you think you are having a bad day, just remember it could be you
> > saying over and over again: "Welcome to MacDonalds, may I take your order
> > please?"

Don Awalt

Well, I used the Nero Product Setup to do the update on my machine. It
got about half way through, and said that a file was bad and it had to
end the setup, and the little progress bar backed up to the end. I come
to find out it has uninstalled Nero from my machine, it didn't fix that
part! Now I have to dig up my serial number and try again

DeathNACan wrote:
> Nero 7.2.7.0 is out. It seems to run fine under x64 except for Nero Home. I
> dont use it and have stopped installing it. I was getting an errors from
> Nero Home when I opened Nero Burning Rom. If you dont install it, you dont
> get them. The new version seems to burn well enough using a SATA Plextor 12x
> burner on x64 with an SATA HD installed.
>
> Please post if you have any notworthy problems with this version of Nero on
> x64.

Charlie Russel - MVP

You know, I'm still happily running 6.6. I bought the upgrade to 7.x, but
honestly didn't like the "improved" interface and overall gobbledygook of
it, and uninstalled and went back.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

DeathNACan wrote:
> Nero 7.2.7.0 is out. It seems to run fine under x64 except for Nero
> Home. I dont use it and have stopped installing it. I was getting an
> errors from Nero Home when I opened Nero Burning Rom. If you dont
> install it, you dont get them. The new version seems to burn well enough
> using a SATA Plextor 12x burner on x64 with an SATA HD installed.
>
> Please post if you have any notworthy problems with this version of Nero
> on x64.

=?Utf-8?B?RGVhdGhOQUNhbg==?=

The update feature in Nero seems buggy. I had no problem with it but a
friend of mine did. I have gone to just downloading it from their site and
updating manually which works flawlessly.

You might be able to download the update manually and then try applying it
locally. If that does not work, try the following:

Reboot the machine.
Delete the contents of the config.msi file where Nero created its backup
files.
Run a cache cleaner such as CCleaner.
Uninstall Nero completely.
Reboot the machine.
Reinstall Nero.

That I know works.
Dont forget to defrag as it will dump about at least 200 gig on you hd.

--

"Don Awalt" wrote:

> Well, I used the Nero Product Setup to do the update on my machine. It
> got about half way through, and said that a file was bad and it had to
> end the setup, and the little progress bar backed up to the end. I come
> to find out it has uninstalled Nero from my machine, it didn't fix that
> part! Now I have to dig up my serial number and try again
>
> DeathNACan wrote:
> > Nero 7.2.7.0 is out. It seems to run fine under x64 except for Nero Home. I
> > dont use it and have stopped installing it. I was getting an errors from
> > Nero Home when I opened Nero Burning Rom. If you dont install it, you dont
> > get them. The new version seems to burn well enough using a SATA Plextor 12x
> > burner on x64 with an SATA HD installed.
> >
> > Please post if you have any notworthy problems with this version of Nero on
> > x64.

mabra

Hi All !

Anybody out here, who knows, if writing DVD-RAM in UDF formats [1.x-2.x]
is now available/working? So this - the Nero-way - would required a InCD
a-like device driver or somnething like that?

Thanks a lot,
Manfred

DeathNACan wrote:
> Nero 7.2.7.0 is out. It seems to run fine under x64 except for Nero Home. I
> dont use it and have stopped installing it. I was getting an errors from
> Nero Home when I opened Nero Burning Rom. If you dont install it, you dont
> get them. The new version seems to burn well enough using a SATA Plextor 12x
> burner on x64 with an SATA HD installed.
>
> Please post if you have any notworthy problems with this version of Nero on
> x64.

Jud Hendrix

On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 15:09:18 +0200, mabra <mabra@home> wrote:

>So this - the Nero-way - would required a InCD
>a-like device driver or somnething like that?

InCD is still not x64-compatible.

jud

mabra

Hi !

Thanks,

Manfred

Jud Hendrix wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Sep 2006 15:09:18 +0200, mabra <mabra@home> wrote:
>
>> So this - the Nero-way - would required a InCD
>> a-like device driver or somnething like that?

> InCD is still not x64-compatible.
>
> jud

LDJ

Hello Mabra!

mabra Wrote:

> Anybody out here, who knows, if writing DVD-RAM in UDF formats [1.x-2.x]
> is now available/working? So this - the Nero-way - would required a InCD
> a-like device driver or somnething like that?

There is a DVD-RAM driver, that can be downloaded from PlanetAMD64:

---------------------------------------//---------------------------------------------------------

DVD-RAM Driver Software for Windows XP x64 Edition:

Drives Supported:

MATSHITA(Panasonic)
For DVD Multi drive models:

SW-9571,SW-9572,SW-9573
SW-9574,SW-9581,SW-9582
SW-9583,SW-9584,SW-9585
UJ-815, UJ-825, UJ-835
UJ-845, UJ-846

For LG Electronic's drives:
HL-DT-ST:
GMA-4020B, GMA-4080N, GSA-4040B,
GSA-4080B, GSA-4081B, GSA-4082B,
GSA-4120B, GSA-4160B, GSA-4163B, GSA-4167B

Link to the driver download:

http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php...s&showfile=758

You will have to register on PlanetAMD64, in order to download drivers.

There's a threat discussing DVD-RAM drivers here:

http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php...4&#entry175684

--
Kind Regards
LDJ