Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Trying to install x64 +++PLEASE HELP

Trying to install x64 +++PLEASE HELP

Liz Zim

I just built my computer from the ground up and I decided to install XP Pro
x64 on it. Whenever I get to about 7 minutes togo, it's finalizing the
installtation, the system restarts, and the setup along with it. I get
taken
right back to the beginning where I have to reinput all the info(name,
product key, etc.). This has gone through about 7 times. First off, I do
have
a legal copy, with a valid key.there's no going back on it either because
this is a brand new Maxtor 300GB HDD, with no previous system. I've tried
everting I can tthink of, changing around the BIOS, repartitioning the
disk,
I even reformatted once. PLEASE could anyone tell me how to procede.

Dennis Pack x64, v64B2 \(5384\), OPP2007B2

Liz:
When the computer restarts during installation, DO NOT strike any key to
continue. I've created this loop many times over the years, now when I do it
I just laugh at myself because it's a hard habit to break.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...